Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Talking Anderson to Write & Direct 'Alien vs. Predator'

Looks like 'versus' movies are back in style! First 'Batman vs. Superman' gets the greenlight, and now Variety is reporting that Paul Anderson ('Resident Evil') will write and direct 'Alien vs. Predator'. The film's plot will follow the comic book series first published by Dark Horse Comics in 1990.

Anderson will film the flick for 20th Century Fox. John Davis, David Giler, Lawrence Gordon, Walter Hill and Joel Silver are set to produce.

Variety describes the plot as "the tale of human scientists on a distant planet who, once again, make the mistake of experimenting on aliens and predators. Story centers on a scientist who foolishly hatches alien eggs to create an environment attractive to predators." When will we humans learn?
    countingdown.com

this is great news.... i happen to like all the Alien movies and Predator .......
    i have to watch my ALien Lagacy box again ....

Last edited by trailergod; 07-15-2002 at 06:39 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up Re: Anderson to Write & Direct 'Alien vs. Predator'

Originally posted by tisoy
    this is great news. i happen to like all the Alien movies and Predator. i have to watch my ALien Lagacy box again.
    OHHH YEAH BABY! ZUBi VERY HAPPY!

I also like Alien & Predator (well yeah, most). hopefully I will menage something to get so money (pretty expensive here in Slovenia) to buy this Alien DVD Box...
    Last edited by ZUBi; 07-15-2002 at 07:07 AM.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    at last!!!!!!!! :bday: :bday:

Credits
    too bad they dident go for the comic book "alien vs predator" storyline. Its good and would adabt well to movie i think.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    i'll get all excited and jump and down when that movie is out. i'm tired of looking forward to it and it never comes out.

Credits
    Wow.. now that's awesome.

Credits

Thumbs down NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!! Why did they pick PAUL WS MOTHERF***ING ANDERSON!!! He blows! Next thing we'll hear is that Freddie Prinze is starring! How could fox not hire a cool director, live Fincher, or the Centropolis guys(Devlin and Emmerich), or even just some average action director, like Domenic Sena? Anderson must be destroyed! the guy did one good movie(MK) and has yet to do something good!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits

Hollywood really pisses me off sometimes.

This is going to suck. Plain and simple. Paul Anderson has yet to make a worth while movie. Shopping... lame. Mortal Kombat... pointless and brain-dead. Event Horizon... close, but no cigar. Solider... total crap. Cool David Webb Peoples script turned into a direct-to-video turd. And then there's Resident Evil. What more needs to be said about it? This is just going to be another disappointment to add to his resume and another possible "cool" franchise wasted. I just can't wait to see this dead-on-arrival throat punch.

Credits

Thumbs down Re: Hollywood really pisses me off sometimes.

Originally posted by chris3177
    This is going to suck. Plain and simple. Paul Anderson has yet to make a worth while movie. Shopping... lame. Mortal Kombat... pointless and brain-dead. Event Horizon... close, but no cigar. Solider... total crap. Cool David Webb Peoples script turned into a direct-to-video turd. And then there's Resident Evil. What more needs to be said about it? This is just going to be another disappointment to add to his resume and another possible "cool" franchise wasted. I just can't wait to see this dead-on-arrival throat punch.
    Amen, brother.

Credits
    ahhh ....

/me goes off to install AvsP2 once again
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

I like Paul Anderson

Well, what I've seen of him. Never played Mortal Kombat so I didn't have anything invested in it but the first movie was pretty entertaining. I really liked Event Horizon, going against popular opinion. That movie REALLY creeped the hell outta me and all my friends that saw it too. One of the best "haunted house" movies ever. And I liked Resident Evil also and so did my friends. Again though, never played the game so I had nothing invested in it. When I heard that he was directing, I thought "Good. If they're going to have another video game movie, he tends to do the best, most entertaining ones." There has yet to be a GREAT video game movie that I can recall, but a couple of pretty good ones. I know it's originally based on the comic but the game has made it more popular than the comic ever did. I agree that they should stick with the comic storyline 'cause that was great and pretty much could be used like a storyboard for a movie.

Credits

Cool

AVP the game basicly and the game kicks the hard core ass!

Cant wate! :big grin: