Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Halo 2 breaks movie records

Full article here

basically, its saying Halo 2 has already 1.5 million preorders for just the U.S. only. ALot more worldwide releases. There was a 60Mins segment about how the gaming industry is alot bigger than the movie industry bring an average $40Billion a year easy.

Microsoft is promising to shutdown the work industry with everything taking sickdays on the 9th November to play Halo 2 for 24 hours straight.

I purely purchased my X-Box couple of moths ago for this release and yes, I've preordered. Who else is planning to take a "sickie"?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    i havent pre-ordered it.. but its definetly gona be sitting in my house as soon as i get the cash.. wich shud b in time for the release date

Credits
    I'm going to pre-order in about a week.

But I'm doing it from a local store so I know I can get it the day it's released.

Credits
    lol... Many people don't have modded Xbox's, because they actually want to be able to use Xbox Live.

And I wouldn't recommend going around publishing that information.

Credits
    and seeing as microsoft are tryna crack down on da people..i wudnt wana touch da hot stuff

Credits
    blah, the stock market doesn't rest, can't take a sickie, i'll make microsoft a deal, if they can stop the New York Stock Exchange from being open on a weekday, I'll buy XBOX and Halo2

The game industry will prevail because it's interactive, besides it's not like Hollywood produced anything worthshile recently anyway

Credits
    Talk about massive advertising. I'm seeing posters up everywhere and public transport covering in Halo 2 ads. The Chief even made a surprise visit at work too. He "enjoyed" his time with us

Credits
    Well, Microsoft promised and it did it

A predicted, Halo 2 broke all the sales records. The game's $125 million opening day lives up to Microsoft predictions that "Halo 2" would eclipse even the biggest Hollywood openings. "Spider-Man" holds the record for biggest opening weekend box office take, raking in a comparatively paltry $114 million over three days.

C|Net

Credits
    You've gotta keep in mind that every copy of Halo 2 is costing $50, while your average movie ticket is between $5 and $12 depending on when and where you see it. So, that could be taken as either less or even more impressive, depending on how you look at it.... but I don't understand this recent trend of comparing the video game industry and movie industry numbers. They're still 2 completely different entities with a different product and different dollar amount curves that need to be taken into consideration and aren't. The only thing they have in common is that they're 2 forms of entertainment. Halo 2 isn't a movie, it's an entertainment investment that will last months if not years.

Just did some rough math... if every copy of Halo 2 cost $12 like the most expensive movie ticket, it would've made only 30 million.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 11-12-2004 at 12:21 PM.

Credits
    yeah but u gota put into the consideration that theres a much much more wider mass audience for cinemas compared to computer games. so i guess yeah its a very good thing for computer games... but shouldnt really be boasted about by comparing themselves to movies... its jus another ploy for advertising.... and conversations like these