Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

question concerning the Wizard of Oz

so...i am sitting here, watching the Wizard of Oz for the unknown time but it is the first time with my son...

and he asks me this question : if the yellow brick road takes Dorothy to Oz.... where does the red brick road lead to...???

so, where does it ?? i am serious with this question as i do not know.

any one....??
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Wow...no kidding?!

Last weekend I was watching it with my niece and she asked me the same question... I, too, had never thought of that before.

Thanks for posting the question.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits

Interesting stuff!

What an interesting question. I found the following:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/H...96/oz-lore.htm
    "Most folks believe that 'the red brick road' is an L. Frank Baum book convention that made it into MGM's 1939 classic film. In his books, the Land of Oz was divided into four quadrants and each was designated a particular color: Winkie Country = Yellow, Gillikin Country = Purple, Munchkin Country = Blue, and Quadling Country = Red. Glinda the Good was the ruler of the Quadlings in L. Frank Baum's Oz series. As her bubble floats away from Munchkinland in the 1939 film, it appears to be following the red brick road. Therefore, the red brick road most likely leads back to her homeland, Quadling Country."

Also on a website about ditched song lyrics:
    http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/5536/wizardoz.html
    "No one knows why this was written and obviously it didn't work into the story. At this point so many new songwriters were being hired and fired that none were given time to read the script before writing.

Follow the red brick road
    Follow the red brick road
    Follow follow follow follow follow the red brick road

The writer of this song, just newly hired, unknowingly wrote of the "red brick" road which can also be seen on the ground at the beginning of the "yellow brick road" swirl. As Dorothy tried to follow it though, she found herself heading back to Town Square. The Munchkins seeing her return then began singing the entire scene over. The director and his crew of 75 were unable to stop them for 45 min and the writer not only ended up losing his pay, he actually owed the production company $4500 in lost cost time, of which between the years 1939 and 1945, just before his untimely death, he had only paid back $3245.23."

Of course, the most fun is playing the video with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. If you've never experienced this, you gotta try it. Here is a web site that explains how to set it up: http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/synchronizations.html
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    thqanks bebbaboo... i now have an answer. the interesting thing about this is that all this week (so far) it has been the talk around the water cooler and almost no one had the answer...so thank you for answering.