Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by keef27
    did this come off the Robe DVD? Is their any indication about its origins?
    Straight from the R4 The Robe DVD. Its only feature too.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

3-D trailers

>how to get access to orig. 3-D trailers is a whole other issue I won't bore you with!

Sorry, that was misguided sarcasm there.

Unlike widescreen, where there are sources online and in film archives, a lot of 3-D features were poorly archived, and I'm struggling to find any original 3-D trailers. Online, there are trailers for 'Kiss Me Kate', and 'Dial M For Murder' but they appear to be 'flat' while the one for 'House of Wax' plays flat but has 3-D overtones (no films clips, uses drawings in very lurid colours, almost like a 3-D comicbook)

Anyway, I've got a few leads that I'm following up, so will let you know if any surface!

Credits

3-D trailers --thanks!

That would be great! When you do that, can you let us know the links for 'Kiss me kate' , 'Dial M for murder', and 'House of wax'?
    Did you ever get your 'The Robe' DVD? I forgot that I had it! I just ripped out the wide-screen trailers for 'The Robe', 'Cleopatra', and 'Demetrius and the Gladiators'-and have decrypted VOBs available. I noticed that the VOB
    on the FTP site is 87MB, while the one I ripped out is 340MB-don't know if it's different, or just different size?

Credits

3-D - and The Robe

tkmops - Would be v. interested in seeing if there is a difference between your Robe trailer and the VOB on the FTP...

As for those (non) 3-D trailers, the ones I mentioned are all available via the TCM trailer links that editman posted here at Movie-List!

The links are:

mms://demand.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/tcm/tcmweb/TRAILERS_D-I/HouseOfWax_TR_4X3_300_20040511.wmv

mms://demand.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/tcm/tcmweb/TRAILERS_D-I/DialMForMurder_TR_4X3_300_20030109.wmv

mms://demand.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/tcm/tcmweb/TRAILERS_J-O/KissMeKate_TR_4X3_300_20031009.wmv

Cheers,
    keef27

Credits

The Robe trailer

Just played that VOB I ripped out of 'The Robe'
    DVD-'The Robe' trailer plays full screen(letterboxed) and clocks in at 2:03. But, unknown to me until just
    now, is that this 340MB VOB also contains the full screen, letterboxed trailers for 'The King and I'(new Jodie Foster version), and 'The Bible'.

Credits
    If it runs 2:03 it's probably the same as the one on the FTP - does it open with roman soldiers riding left-right across screen and towards camera, with titles shouting "Timeless in its Greatness, Immortal in its Impact"?? (gotta love the 1950s!)

Thanks for checking, anyway - and you got 2 extra trailers as well!

Credits

We have the same one!

Yep, that's the one. Now, all I got to do is figure out how to 'break apart' that huge 370MB file into the 3 separate trailers. Once I know that I could go thru all my 600+ DVD collection and rip out all the trailers, and make them available to the group. Any MOD's out there know how to do this?

Credits
    How did you rip the vob file? If you use DVD Decrypter, go to Tools, Settings, click on the File Mode tab. Set File Splitting to By Cell ID. That should do the trick. Whatever program you are using probably has the same option, although I have not been able to figure out how to do it in DVD Shrink. Mark, do you know?
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits

VOB file splitting......thanks!

Yes, I'm using DVD Decrypter. Your instructions were right on! Works like a charm! When I first D/L it, I got it to work on the main large files, and didn't want to mess with all the options for fear of not being able to get back to where I was.
    I've been poking around all the tabs--is there a way to decrypt and create clips from the main movie files, that start and end on certain frames, or times?

Quote Originally Posted by bebbaboo
    How did you rip the vob file? If you use DVD Decrypter, go to Tools, Settings, click on the File Mode tab. Set File Splitting to By Cell ID. That should do the trick. Whatever program you are using probably has the same option, although I have not been able to figure out how to do it in DVD Shrink. Mark, do you know?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12