Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Question Cracking Atom Films and WB links?

Does anyone know how to get the URLs that I can plug into Net Transport, for AtomFilms.com and the WB(Warner Bros TV site)? I've tried using IE and Netscape, tried to find the links in 'view page source', and copied the URLs from 'properties'
    after right-clicking the files-nothing seems to work. Any ideas????

Thanks.

Credits
    Let's make it easier: If you (and someone else) can provide a sample link from each site to the download page of whatever you wanna try to get the direct link for, we can work from there. (Sorry but I don't have the time to look for myself.)

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Personally, I have utterly failed to get direct links from Atom. I digged a little, and they have things quite complicated, except for QT files. But unfortunately, most of their content is WMV/Real.

Credits
    Yeah, you're probably right, wireframe. Their media server are probably setup like Lion Gate's, i.e. allows only Windows Media Player for streaming and media files cannot be DLed even with Net Transport (may have something to do with User Agents but it's way beyond my knowledge).

Credits

Cracking Atomfilms and WB sites?

Thanks for the info. Here’s what happens at these two sites:

AtomFilms.com:Go to page ‘http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/pink5_strikes’. Hover your
    mouse over ‘watch film’, see in the bottom left corner of your screen ‘shortcut to javascript:play(film)’.

Click ‘watch film’, a ‘select your media preferences’ box comes up. Click ‘windows media player’ and ‘300K’ for speed(I’ve also tried the slower speeds).

The film will play-but I can’t find a way of saving it. It
    doesn’t seem to be saved in Temporary Internet Files.

WB(Warner Bros site) ‘http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0,7353,||126,00.html’—
    This is the Smallville section of the WB site.
    Choose the ‘unsafe’ episode from the drop down box, click ‘trailer’, a ‘please choose
    your video setting’ box comes up. I’ve tried both WMP and QT, and all 3 of the connection speed, the following happens for both:the clip plays, and when it’s done(QT), I click the right hand ‘save as quicktime movie’ down
    arrow-it saves a 1kb file. Nothing is saved in cache.

Anyone have any ideas of how to D/L clips from these sites to my HD? The WB site used to allow you
    to D/L their trailers in QT, but they changed to this new format about a year ago. Maybe WB and Atom
    films don’t want people to save their films, and have made it impossible to obtain direct links?

Thanks for any input….

Credits

AtomFilms, videodetective.com

After more than a year, I believe we still don't have an answer.

Today I have write about an Official Star Wars Fan Film Awards competition here. I suppose that the videos are filed on the AtomFilms website or in a place you can locate from there.

Also, another site that is unreachable is videodetective.com

I believe that VideoDownloader can't give us an answer in both cases, which are interesting sources of good material, even if the video quality is not the best.

Who can help us...?

Credits
    well, in fact at atomfilms the file does save to your HD, it is kept here, but the format is somehow very well protected, so it can not be played. And whats worse, you rename it and so on, just tried everything and nothin´ has happened. Now I feel just more desperate - I do have the file, but dunno way 2 play it. hahahahaha
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    I went to Atom Films one time and it closed all the browsers I had open and froze my PC and I couldn't CTRL ALT DEL; I will never go there again!!

Credits

AtomFilms 2

Incredible. Maybe is not the site, I don't know. Maybe you were/are using Internet Explorer. Maybe would you like to try Firefox?

j7wild Guest
    maybe I need to kill Bill Gates and get me a Linux or an Apple G5

Credits

Firefox

I don't know, j7wild. If you only change your browser it will be enough, I believe.

I don't have any experience with Apple computers, but all sources have told me that those computers are better than Windows. All sources can not be wrong (I count as sources magazine articles and internet sites).

Also, it seems that all sources said too that all kinds of computers are/were better than Windows' PCs. One friend of myne had an Amiga once, but I have not talk with him about if it was better than DOS or Windows, if those things existed in Amiga's time (I have looked into Wikipedia's article and it seems that it was better than any other computer of its time).

And you will find a lot of opinions telling you that Linux is better than Windows, a thing that I suspect is true. Maybe I will try it by myself in the near future.

The only thing I can say is: If you have the money and the interest, lol j7wild, then buy a Mac! If I had the money, I certainly would buy a Mac.

If not, you can only change your computer's browser, if you want

j7wild Guest
    I switched to Firefox once but my wife was sharing this computer at the time and she complained she didn't like it so I had to switch back.

What's that other browser aside from Firefox and IE? Opera or something? Is that good and is it better or worst than Firefox?

My wife has her own PC now and I should switch browser. Especially with that recent XP update that caused my Active X to go nuts:

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15202

Credits

More than one browser...

j7wild, there are two browsers in the PC I'm using now. You can have more than one, at least two!

I have read the name Opera, but I don't remember where.

I have search on google and I have found very interesting things:

Official site, you can download version 9 from here free
    Wikipedia article

See the Opera web browser features. I want to highlight this:

BitTorrent

You don't need a separate BitTorrent application to download large files. Simply click a torrent link and start the download.

Thumbnail preview

It is easy to have many tabs open at once in Opera. But exactly which tab had that video you wanted? Hover your mouse on any tab to see a thumbnail preview.

Content blocker

Remove ads or images - it's up to you. Right-click (CTRL-click on the Mac) on the Web page and choose "Block content".

Add your favorite search engines

Right-click on the site's search field and select "Create search" from the menu.
    Thank you again, j7wild, thanks to your questions I am now discovering Opera. It looks atractive and is free. I believe I will download it to try how it works, even taken in count that I am a very happy user of Mozilla Firefox.

See this from Wikipedia:

Nintendo Wii

Opera has confirmed that it will be developing an Internet browser exclusively for Nintendo's upcoming video game console Wii. Currently, details are limited; however it has been confirmed that the browser will be similar to Opera Software running on a PC and that it will "take advantage" of the Wii's innovative controller. Nintendo and Opera Software have yet to announce whether or not the browser will be able to play media files such as Windows Media. It was also mentioned that the browser will be loaded up in a "matter of seconds."
    (source: Wikipedia)

Also, the old and well remembered Netscape is still available. In the past days I have downloaded version 6.2 in Spanish, but it seems that it don't have tabed navigation, a thing the old had (like Firefox). I have used it little, I don't know what is happening.

But look at this:

Netscape is the general name for a series of web browsers originally produced by Netscape Communications Corporation, but now developed by AOL. The original browser was once the dominant browser in terms of usage share, but as of May 2006 it has only about 1% usage share.

More info on Wikipedia:

Netscape responded by open sourcing its product, creating Mozilla. This did nothing to slow Netscape's declining market share. The company was purchased by America Online in late 1998. At first, the Mozilla project struggled to attract developers, but by 2002 it had evolved into a relatively stable and powerful internet suite. Mozilla 1.0 was released to mark this milestone. Also in 2002, a spin off project that would eventually become the popular Mozilla Firefox was released. In 2004, Firefox 1.0 was released; Firefox 1.5 was released in December 2005. Firefox 2 is planned to be released in late 2006. As of 2005, Mozilla and its derivatives account for approximately 10% of web traffic.

Opera, an innovative, speedy browser popular in handheld devices, particularly mobile phones, as well as on PCs in some countries was released in 1996 and remains a niche player in the PC web browser market.
    Hope this info will be useful to you.

j7wild Guest
    Thanks, I'll try Opera; I never liked Netscape even back then when it was called Mosaic and I will not try it now especially if they are owned by AOL.