Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Comic to Movie adaptations, best & upcoming

What are some of your guys' favorite comic to screen adaptations in the past decade or so? I really enjoyed both sam raimis spider man movies myself and even the spawn movie. I'm looking forward to Constantine for some brutal R rated action, and maybe Sin City if I see a bigger trailer of it as I am not that impressed with what I see so far of it...

Credits
    the past decade...??? how about the past few years. nothing in the 90's seems to stand out to me (which must mean they were not that good) i am not counting Blade as yes, he was in the comics...but only as a secondary character (i believe)

it seems the first few comic -> movie adaptions were really good....(Spiderman, Xmen,Hulk) ... but as time goes on, it seems the more movies we get, the crappier the plot/storyline becomes.

if you take a look at some of the adaptions, stand alone they are ok. Punisher was good if you think of it as only being a movie. but, compared to the comic, tom jane kind of falls short on being a "frank castle" type of guy.

others are just a waste of time...i don't think i can say enough bad things about catwoman.

there are few that have stood against the comparison between comic and movie. but then again, most movies that comes from books fall short as well when compared to the book (take a look at almost any stephen king movie)....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Best comic adaptations:

Superman (Richard Donner)
    Batman (Tim Burton)
    Crow (Alex Proyas)
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    X Men 2
    Daredevil (Dir. Cut too)
    The Hulk was pretty neat
    Blade 1,2 <-- dunno if it counts
    And Elecktra...
    JUST KIDDING!
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    My favourite comics adaptations:

1. Batman (1989)
    2. Superman (1978)
    3. Spider-Man 2

Other movies I like very much: X-Men 2, Conan the Barbarian, Spider-Man, Batman Returns.
    X-Men, Daredevil and Hulk were OK.
    Last edited by lafce; 02-02-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Credits
    I did this thread A LONG time ago... See this thread

But that's okay.

Here's my list:

1. Superman
    2. Batman Returns
    3. Spider-Man II
    4. Daredevil (DC)
    5. X2
    6. Batman
    7. Road to Perdition
    8. The Crow
    9. X-Men
    10. Spider-Man
    11. Superman II
    12. Ghost World
    13. Blade
    14. From Hell

Ones that I hope to add to my list...

1. Constantine
    2. The Punisher 2 (if it ever gets made)
    3. Spider-Man 3
    4. X3 (if it ever gets made)
    5. Sin City
    6. Batman Begins
    Last edited by WorkShed; 02-02-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    I like the lists guys, heres my favorite comic book movies over the past few years

1.THE ROAD TO PERDITION
    2.SPAWN
    3.SPIDERMAN 1
    4.SPIDERMAN 2
    5.THE PUNISHER (WITH DOLPH LUDGREN!!!!!!!!)

And i cant think of anymore right now ill update my post if i do

Credits
    Spawn?!!!

NO!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Intercepter
    What are some of your guys' favorite comic to screen adaptations in the past decade or so? I really enjoyed both sam raimis spider man movies myself and even the spawn movie. I'm looking forward to Constantine for some brutal R rated action, and maybe Sin City if I see a bigger trailer of it as I am not that impressed with what I see so far of it...
    ? you are serius? the sin SinCity trailer is AWSOME... its the trailer i have watched to most for a year or so... 50+ times :S strange how taste can differ...

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fed7haS
    ? you are serius? the sin SinCity trailer is AWSOME... its the trailer i have watched to most for a year or so... 50+ times :S strange how taste can differ...

Fed7haS

Of course, he also said that Spawn was good, so.....

Just joking.

maybe

Credits
    "5.THE PUNISHER (WITH DOLPH LUDGREN!!!!!!!!)"
    (In Ryan Reynolds voice) The Punisher? ... But Why?

Credits
    lol Spawn was ok for me. Never read the comics so the movie was watchable and enjoyable enough. I of course liked the Spiderman, first 2 Batman, Superman, the 2 X-Men(me being a huge fan) and am looking forward to Sincity, Fantastic Four etc.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkShed
    Of course, he also said that Spawn was good, so.....

Just joking.

maybe

...Excuse me for having an opinion

No really, to me it looks like the actors he chose (aside from bruce wills) were poor decisions and that the cg is overrated, i'll probably see it anyways though because sin city is a masterpiece of a graphic novel series. Hellblazer is too, and in my opinion right up there with sin city as one of the best comic series ever published. I just hope both these movies can live up to the hype that surrounds them and I think Constantines looking better everyday...

Credits
    I don't think that you realize the appeal of Robert Rodriguez's work. He does things on a budget that some dramas exceed in. He does almost all his work for around $30M or less. To get that kind of a cast and cool CGI (stylistic designs work for such a stylized movie. It's not meant to look real this time) for under $30M is quite the feat.

I don't understand what you are talking about with poor casting choices. Everything looks amazing. Jessica Alba fits the bill, Clive Owen fits the bill, Benecio del Toro looks just like the dude in the comic books, Rosario Dawson looks like the girl in the book, Mickey Rourke looks amazing as Marv, and I didn't even know that Nick Stahl was the Yellow Bastard. In fact the ONLY person who doesn't quite fit the casting scheme IS Bruce Willis because of the age of the character.

And Spawn sucked if you are basing a film on its adaptation from the original text (the only thing that they got right was Clown). And talk about bad CGI...

Credits
    Hehe, I also said I liked the punisher with dolph lundgren, I think SPAWN was an awsome cheese fest and I don't take it seriously. Which is probably how I will take both of these movies, and if you base the movie on how much it cost to make it then thats pretty silly in all fairness...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast