Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Dragonriders of Pern by Anne Mccaffery

I think dragonriders of pern would make a great movie! Particularly Anne Mccaffery's book Dragonsdawn.

The beautiful planet Pern seemed a paradise to its new colonists - until unimaginable terror turned it into hell. Suddenly deadly spores were falling like silver threads from the sky, devouring everything - and everyone - in their path. It began to look as if the colony, cut off from Earth and lacking the resources to combat the menace, was doomed. Then some of the colonists noticed that the small, dragonlike lizards that inhabited their new world were joining the fight against Thread, breathing fire on it and teleporting to safety. If only, they thought, the dragonets were big enough for a human to ride and intelligent enough to work as a team with a rider...
    Anyone else read the series, and what do you think about this idea?
    Last edited by Granite; 02-24-2005 at 03:41 AM.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Lightbulb Anne Movie

You know, I have been saying that for over 20 years to myself and anyone who cared. How easy and incredibly detailed a movie off of ANY of the books could be!! Especially with today's technology. I can't believe no- one has taken the initiative, or financed the job. There has to be a way to get someone with interest , talent , and money to do the job. Lordie, if I only made that much. Besides that , doesn't it bother you that most people in the world percive a dragon as evil? Ahhh, how good to be a sci-fi geek.

Dragonmynd