Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Last Days (New Gus Van Sant Film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403217/
    http://www.ilovetheatmosphere.com/obitbday/lastdays.html

This movie is supposed to be released at Cannes this year. It is loosely based on the final days of Kurt Cobain, however it is a fictional account ala "Almost Famous".

Here is the cast:
    Asia Argento .... Asia
    Ryan Fellner
    Kim Gordon
    Lukas Haas
    Ricky Jay
    Harmony Korine
    Riley G. Matthews Jr. .... Coroner's Attendant
    Dawnn Pavlonnis .... Telephone Voice (voice)
    Michael Pitt
    Ari Tomais .... Detective
    Nicole Vicius

From what I have read, the Nirvana people are up in arms already hating this movie. I was wondering if anyone could objectfully watch this. I will definitely give it a shot, but was wondering what everyone else's opinion was.

Care for some non-Star Wars Discussion anyone?

Credits

Just fiction.

I don't understand why anyone would have a bee up their arse about this film. Why does it matter if the actor playing Kurt doesn't look like him (much) and why do people assume that Kurt was all that interesting anyway, he was a great musician with stomach cramps.

I'm really looking forward to this film, no-one could do a better job of portraying Cobain than Mike Pitt. He is heading for superstardom - unfortunately. B

P.S Screw Star Wars.

Credits
    Some production photos (the resemblance is pretty freakin' creepy)

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by AMCFilmCrew
    its too bad that we wont get a trailer for it at work, or a poster.
    TRAILER NEWS:
    Gus Van Sant's Last Days [Kurt Cobain movie]
    http://www.movie-list.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11584

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    well... i don't know too much about Van Sant nor Mike Pitt but i already do not like this idea. NO, i am not a Nirvana fan either. but let me tell why i am not going to waste my time with this or any other film about Cobain. i would like to preface this by saying that my opinions are based on the fact that Kurt took his own life and not the funny theory that his skank wife Love did it.

kurt cobain was a wimp and a coward. period. anyone willing to take his own life is a waste of space, and should in no means be celebrated. a rock musician who overdoses on heroin or barbituates is one thing. yes, he commited suicide in theory, but i'm quite sure that was not the intention of taking the drugs to begin with. but putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger is a deliberate act. no matter how bad your life is, it is a life that is worth living. i have been through more crap in my life than most people would want to fathom, but i have never even thought of giving up and commiting suicide. what kind of father would anyone be that leaves his child with one half of his(or her) support system. not much of one in my opinion.

would i say that kurt had a mental problem ?? maybe, but i don't know all the facts behind his life (i really didn't like his music either). but thought would be that he probably did.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear

*snip personal biased rants*

kurt cobain was a wimp and a coward. period. anyone willing to take his own life is a waste of space, and should in no means be celebrated. a rock musician who overdoses on heroin or barbituates is one thing. yes, he commited suicide in theory, but i'm quite sure that was not the intention of taking the drugs to begin with. but putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger is a deliberate act. no matter how bad your life is, it is a life that is worth living. i have been through more crap in my life than most people would want to fathom, but i have never even thought of giving up and commiting suicide. what kind of father would anyone be that leaves his child with one half of his(or her) support system. not much of one in my opinion.

*snip further personal rants*
    Is this about the fact that you've been through a lotta stuff yourself and no one's making a movie about you? Oh no, hang on, its about you reckoning that he wasn't barbiturating (that's how its spelt). If you had even researched a little before you spewed and blurbed your worthless rants, you'd have known that he had ODed and then shot himself. The time at which one commits suicide is likened to temporary insanity.

As far as your opinion of living a life no matter how bad it is goes, all I can say is, you should be a priest. Welcome to the real world.

Godspeed.

Credits
    Hey common now, its just the guys opinion.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    "well... i don't know too much about Van Sant nor Mike Pitt but i already do not like this idea. NO, i am not a Nirvana fan either. but let me tell why i am not going to waste my time with this or any other film about Cobain. i would like to preface this by saying that my opinions are based on the fact that Kurt took his own life and not the funny theory that his skank wife Love did it"

Okay, why would you come to a thread about a film you have no intention of seeing about a topic you clearly have no interest in other than to insult people who do have an interest. No one's going to force you to watch it nor will they force you to watch other films by Gus Van Sant ... and frankly given your apparent attitude I for one am glad you don't know much about Van Sant ...please by all means continue to be ignorant of his films I'm sure you wouldn't get them anyway.

"kurt cobain was a wimp and a coward. period. anyone willing to take his own life is a waste of space, and should in no means be celebrated. a rock musician who overdoses on heroin or barbituates is one thing. yes, he commited suicide in theory, but i'm quite sure that was not the intention of taking the drugs to begin with. but putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger is a deliberate act. no matter how bad your life is, it is a life that is worth living. i have been through more crap in my life than most people would want to fathom, but i have never even thought of giving up and commiting suicide. what kind of father would anyone be that leaves his child with one half of his(or her) support system. not much of one in my opinion"

You are clearly a very arrogant person who knows nothing about mental illness or drug addiction. Why don't you keep your self righteous opinions to yourself. Did you ever hear of the words compassion or empathy. No, I'm sure you haven't. Again, I'm glad you aren't a fan of Nirvana's music .... I'm sure you wouldn't get it either. And again, why come to a thread about something you have no interest in just to throw insults around???

Credits
    Oh and also....whats with the quote from Hunter S. Thompson. Considering your post i must believe its meant as a joke otherwise you are contradicting yourself!!!! ???!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Credits
    i am going to direct this at both Slopism and Mesonic (newbies)

first off...

i would like to say "welcome to the forums...". i am honored (not really) that your first posts are directed at me...i feel pretty special (again, not really). considering the flaming, you two must be Nirvana fans. how lovely.

secondly....

· i really don't care that no one wants to make a movie about my life.
    · i really don't care how barbiturating is spelt.(??)
    · "temporary insanity." ?? that's funny. but it is still just a worthless excuse for a worthless coward.
    · yes. i am very arrogant. and damm proud of it. if you don't like it...the door is behind you. don't let it hit you on the way out.
    · i know alot about mental illness. (but you wouldn't know that since you don't know me)
    · i also know alot about drug addiction. (again, you wouldn't know that since you don't know me)
    · compassion...empathy. yes. i have heard of these. am i compassionate, yes. but towards a person like this. not at all.
    · i actually liked nirvana in the beginning. i did respect kurt and crew for what they did to the music industry. but when this happened, i lost all interest and respect for him and the band.
    · " why come to a thread about something you have no interest in just to throw insults around???" .... who's insulted ??? please, let them stand up and i'll take notice (unless they are dead and have a huge hole where their face used to be...then they can stay where they are). this was not directed at anyone other than some dead guy. if you took it offensively..that's your fault. not mine.

why did i post this?? because this is a movie forum and this is where people from all around the world post their thoughts and opinions about movies. i was hoping you might have understood that when you signed up. but then, you are newbie...so i guess you do have ignorance on your side.

my "biased rants" as you so put it....are about the fact that a worthless coward does not need to have a movie made about him. whether you agreed with that or not. suicide is suicide which is nothing more than a coward's way out. plain and simple.

also, "blah blah blah.... you should be a priest. Welcome to the real world." that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time. never wanted to be a priest. can't get past that whole celibacy thing. and what do you know of the "real world" ?? please...inform the uneducated one. i would love to hear what you have to say about that. PM me if you want.

and about my quote since you pointed it out: how am i contradicting myself ?? last i checked, it didn't say it was ok to shoot a hole thru your head in it ??? in fact, there has never been a quote that suits me more than this... as i am a schizophrenic alcoholic who takes weird chemicals for my violent behavior. but you wouldn't know that...since you don't know me. newbie...

as to not hijack this thread, if anyone has a rebuttal to this, (my personal and biased rants) please feel free to PM me....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    i am going to direct this at both Slopism and Mesonic (newbies)

first off...

i would like to say "welcome to the forums...". i am honored (not really) that your first posts are directed at me...i feel pretty special (again, not really). considering the flaming, you two must be Nirvana fans. how lovely.

*rant smelling snipped*

<my-rant> Its solipsism, not slopism, a misguided puerile rebuttal in vain =)

Ummm, newbie, yes! Flamer, nope! Honestly, your assumed superiority cuz you've made a zillion posts is laughable. If there was a troll, mate, you'd qualify well. Pity I can't use my newsreader for this, else I'd *plonk* you first off.

Don't fool yourself into believing you're arrogant. A tip for you, w-a-n-n-a-b-e isn't spelt the same as a-r-r-o-g-a-n-t. Go figure.
    </my-rant>

Back on the topic, I reckon Gus Van Sant didn't do that great a job of 'psycho' when he remade it. Would be worthwhile to see how this one measures up. IMDB said it was pretty alright. Opinions people?