Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman!

Credits

Wonder Woman!

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Joss Whedon the creator of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" has signed to write and direct "Wonder Woman," a live-action film adaptation of the DC Comics character for Warner Bros. Pictures. Joel Silver and Leonard Goldberg are producing.

"Wonder Woman is the most iconic female heroine of our time, but in a way, no one has met her yet," Whedon said in a statement. "What I love most about icons is finding out what's behind them, exploring the price of their power. When Joel and I began discussing the character, I realized there is a woman behind the legend who is very fascinating, very uncompromising and in her own way almost vulnerable. She's someone who doesn't belong in this world, and since everyone I know feels that way about themselves, the character clicked for me."

"We are excited about working with Joss," Warner Bros. Pictures president Jeff Robinov said. "He brings great energy and creativity to the process. His work on 'Buffy' makes him uniquely qualified to handle the Wonder Woman character."
    and it never ends............... at least this one hopefully won't be crappy like the 1980s movie...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Aw c'mon. The TV show was a great cheesefest. Linda Carter's legs, the way she would look dizzy after spinning into costume, and that theme song......Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman. This movie has a lot to live up to.

Credits
    now i am really telling my age, but i used to LOVE Lynda Carter in Wonder Woman when i was a kid.... used to watch the show all the time just for that reason....

and really, when your hormones are runing wild, as a pre-teen....who wouldn't like to watch this on TV.....???

"I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Right after Crystal Gayle, Olivia Newton-John & She Hulk, Linda Carter was my first lust....er I mean love.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Otha Star
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Right after Crystal Gayle, Olivia Newton-John & She Hulk, Linda Carter was my first lust....er I mean love.
    now that is funny. who played the she-hulk ?? i vaguely remember the show but i don't think it was very successful.

Credits
    Naw, as far as I know there wasn't a show. I'm talkin' about the comic version. I've always had a thing for the super leggy amazon types, even if she was a bit 2-deminsional.

Speaking of comic heroines, that reminds me of a conversation I had after I first saw the Fantastic Four Trailer. I was talking to someone about how I kind of had a thing for the invisible girl and how she would be intersting in the sack. About then I had a strange revelation about her husbands powers to stretch his entire body. Now I know why they called him Mr. Fantastic!

Credits
    Naw, as far as I know there wasn't a show. I'm talkin' about the comic version. I've always had a thing for the super leggy amazon types, even if she was a bit 2-deminsional.

Speaking of comic heroines, that reminds me of a conversation I had after I first saw the Fantastic Four Trailer. I was talking to someone about how I kind of had a thing for the invisible girl and how she would be intersting in the sack. About then I had a strange revelation about her husbands powers to stretch his entire body. Now I know why they called him Mr. Fantastic!
    funny how jason lee had the same conversation with stan lee in mallrats....if you are still having that thought, then you might want to think about finding a girlfriend....

Credits
    Here's the teaser poster

And there's an interesting open letter to Whedon on mtv.com giving some very good advice.
    http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml

Here's an excerpt:
    Cast Wonder Woman, Not Just A Famous Woman - Halle Berry, Alicia Silverstone and Jennifer Garner may have been riding red-hot careers when they were cast, but they were all woefully inappropriate for the suits they inhabited. True Elektra fans knew that she was an olive-skinned Greek woman who would most likely possess an accent. Catwoman geeks knew that the name Patience Phillips meant nothing to them, and that her back story would probably mean even less. Batman loyalists are still rubbing their eyes to try and erase the image of Silverstone shoehorned into that Batgirl suit. Casting an actress who is physically appropriate and then holding on for dear life to the character details shows the fans that you intend to take seriously that which means so much to them.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    very interesting letter....anyone really think joss will listen ??? i really hope so, but there have not been too many comic->movie adaptions that have been true to the original source(the comics)

Credits
    Weren't there rumours at some point that Sandra Bullock was considered for the role?

Not so concerned about who plays the part, but rather more concerned about how the costume will be 'revamped' to look like. As long as it doesn't look like a white trash chick with tattoos and body rings all over wearing a undersized bikini, I'll be happy.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

j7wild Guest
    guess I am older than; for me it was

Cheryl Ladd from Charlie's Angels
    Farrah Fawcett from Charlie's Angels
    Loni Anderson from WKRP in Cincinnati
    Catherine Bach, Daisy Duke from the original Dukes of Hazard series
    Susan Sommers from Three's Company
    Jenilee Harrison from Three's Company (Cindy Snow, Susan Sommer's character sister, the dumb tall blonde NOT Terri [Priscilla Barnes], the smart tall blonde)
    Olivia Newton-John from Grease, of course
    Heather Thomas from the Fall Guy
    Heather Locklear from T J Hooker

Here's some of the rumours on who should be playing Wonder Woman that has been floating around the internet and why they are not good choices:

Cameron Diaz - too blonde, too surfer, too Californian, too dumb.
    Monica Bellucci - too old, too glamorous, too Catherine Zeta-Jones-like and her English is not all that good.
    Mandy Moore - she has the look. if she can mix goody-goody with *** kicking.
    Jessica Biel - too short. too edgy. not wholesome enough.
    Rosario Dawson - you're kidding, right? maybe a remake of "Get Christie Love"
    Anne Hathaway - too goody goody. not enough edge. brown eyes a liability.
    Ashley Judd - you're kidding right? a bit past her prime. it won't work with Morgan Freeman as Steve Trevor.
    Kirsten Dunst - she looks as though she can barely stand, let alone kick ***.
    Katherine Heigl - from Under Siege 2 and Roswell? Pleaaassse No!!
    Drew Barrymore - too short. too blonde. too much of a lisp. too much Tom Green.

latest news:

Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel) is said to be in negotiation with producer Joss Whedon (who also produced Buffy and Angel) for the role of Wonder Woman.

I think she will be great!!

She looks like a modern version of Lynda Carter and she also has the body for it!!

http://www.myimagehub.com/files/3790/Charisma1.JPG http://www.myimagehub.com/files/3790/Charisma2.JPG http://www.myimagehub.com/files/3790/Charisma3.JPG

I think one of the main pre-requisite for an Actress to play Wonder Woman is to have a Big Bust!!

Credits
    Might be my pc but when I click on the Charisma pics I get a red x.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

j7wild Guest
    fixed now

Credits
    Your the man.

Credits
    Charisma has always been my first choice for this role, with Evangeline Lilly a close second.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast