Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cool WB Announces 2 Summer Blockbusters To Hit IMAX

http://www.bigmoviezone.com/articles....html?uniq=223
    http://www.bigmoviezone.com/articles....html?uniq=209
    IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures announced that BATMAN BEGINS will be simultaneously released to IMAX® and conventional 35mm theatres on June 17th, 2005. The film, which explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham, will be digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology for the IMAX release.
    CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, the highly anticipated film reuniting Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, will be simultaneously released to IMAX® and conventional 35mm theatres on July 15th, 2005. Director Tim Burton brings his vividly imaginative style to the Roald Dahl classic about eccentric chocolatier Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp) and Charlie (Freddie Highmore), a good-hearted boy from a poor family who lives in the shadow of Wonka's extraordinary factory. Long isolated from his own family, Wonka launches a worldwide contest to select an heir to his candy empire. Five lucky children, including Charlie, draw golden tickets from Wonka chocolate bars and win a guided tour of the legendary candy-making facility that no outsider has seen in 15 years. Dazzled by one amazing sight after another, Charlie is drawn into Wonka's fantastic world. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is an adaptation of the best-selling Roald Dahl novel and will be digitally re-mastered for large format screens using proprietary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) technology.
    Being a bat-fan, I was very pleased to hear that Batman Begins is getting a worldwide IMAX release. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, I have mixed feelings for, mainy because of the teaser, which was a bit of a turn-off.

Credits
    any word on weather or not Revenge of the Sith will be realeased on IMAX or not beacuse seeing that and batman on IMAX would just be a hoot

Credits
    As long as your local IMAX theatre will show the films.

As far as I'm aware chances down under are slim. The last major movie shown in IMAX theatres here was The Polar Express and the next one will be Robots - yay so excited to be in the theatre surrounded by kids I can bang my head on the wall and just freakin' die .

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I have to admit, this is an interesting chance IMAX has taken. These are not the family films they are known for. These are some quite dark films for IMAX. I might catch Robots this Easter. Last time I visited a few weeks ago, it was surprisingly quiet.