Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hellboy

Credits

Hellboy

This will rule 2004

Credits
    its cartoon! NO THANX!

i like funny cartoon movies not those scary or serious cartoon movies. they sux.
    if they wanna scare the crap out of us.. then make it real.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    is it cartoon? w/ that title it couldnt be.

Credits
    It's live action honey. Ron Perlman as Hellboy. Directed by Guillermo del Toro (Blade II, Devil's Backbone). I said it before, and I say it again: THIS WILL RULE 2004. Head over to your local comic book store and pick up ANY Hellboy release. It's so damn dark ... and well drawn. Ya won't be disappointed.

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    is it cartoon? w/ that title it couldnt be.
    Title means nothing when it comes to cartoons - or anything for that matter. Cartoons are not just for kids

-Simpsons
    -Family Guy
    -South Park
    -A whole ton of stuff from Japan. :big grin:

I must have missed something big though, because I have never heard of Hellboy

Credits
    Hellboy is a comic bd produced (I think I'm right) by Image....the same company that is making Spawn...
    D. Mc'lawns,
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.--Verbal Kint, Usual Suspect

Credits
    Czech http://www.playboy.com/darkhorse/hellboy/index.html (yeah Playboy! no, ya don't have to subscribe to the site ! :big grin: ) There are several Hellboy comics online ... they are Flash animated, so it looks almost like a real movie. (no kidding!)

Credits
    Hellboy is a comic bd produced (I think I'm right) by Image....the same company that is making Spawn...

Hellboy is published by Dark Horse and it's excellent.
    paulbazinet@yahoo.com
    My Music Forum: <a href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start" target="_blank">http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start</a>
    "I can Dere-lick my own balls thank you!" - Derek Zoolander

Credits
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    read more if ya want

http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/hellboy.html
    Sounds interesting...

Credits

Credits
    I definitely think so. Either him or Vin Diesel would be great and since both the creator of the comic and the director agree that Ron Perlman is their first choice, I think he's probably the best.
    "Before you put that gun to your head, remember what the drowning man said, 'a little drunk is better than dead.'"

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Exclamation

UPDATE:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm

Friday, August 2nd 2002

Hellboy: Guillermo Del Toro was at the San Diego Comic Con yesterday and spoke briefly about the film adaptation. It'll be based on the first mini-series predominantly with elements from the others in it. In fact quite a few differences in it from the comic are based on Mike Mignola's original backstory notes which didn't make it into the various comics so far. The entire movie will be processed digitally in post production so the colour and contrast can be augmented which expands the range and allows for the colours to pop out (rather than desaturate which is what the technique is used for most now). The colour tones of the comic will be included and aside from some Nazi flags, Hellboy himself will be the only real 'red' coloured thing in the film which is filled with blue-grays and green-grays. Del Toro wants to stick as close to the comic as possible and thinks one of the worse things that can happen is when a filmmaker comes along and says "well I like it but I can make it better". The film will be dark and action packed with Hellboy fighting huge Lovecraftian monsters - but its not gory, so its definitely aiming for a PG-13 rating. More details on Hellboy and "The Left Hand of Madness" will be included in Monday's update.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT