Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Primer .... Wtf ?

ok, its a small movie with a budget of about 7000 USD. Well acted and actually got some good looking production value. Movie was shot on 16mm, so its very very grainy but fits the feel and look of the movie.

I had to watch it with subs, coz non of us, watched it with some friends, could understand what the hell is goin on.

So what did they invent? A time machine to travel into the future? to what? to kill their duplicates, or prevent that crime? or to buy some stocks ?

well, pls someone explain to me... ..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/
    http://primermovie.com/
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Really?? I saw a screener of this about a year ago, and I had no trouble following the plot. There were a few parts that got overly complicated, but nothing that bad.
    I'll watch it again and answer any questions you have.

Credits
    Yeah, I didn't find it TOO hard to follow, but I did quite like it.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    yes, I liked it to... so anybody care to explain ? Can't find the the movie here http://www.moviepooper.com/ :-(

Credits
    The film (as far as I could work out) is about them making a low gravity device, but a side effect of becomes time travel into the past only. So they check the stock market. Go back a day and buy or sell the biggest movers. But each time they go back a duplicate is made and comes out the machine after a day (still with me?) So they have to bump their duplicates off.

Hope that helps you guys.... don't blame me if you don't agree.!!

Credits
    so they "bumped"... when they killed them ?

what was that thing in the party? who was that, them originals or the duplicates ?

Credits
    so watched it again and been reading more stuff well.....

The thing that is easy to misunderstand is the existence of the "failsafe" device. This was built and turned on at the beginning and kept on- so both Aaron and Abe could go back to the very start. Aaron does this at least twice, and Abe at least once. probably many more times though. So after three loops there are four Aarons in the story; Aaron "prime"; the first one we meet, Aaron "beard" who drugs Aaron 3 and keeps him in the attic, and Aaron "narrator" who gives up after a fight with Aaron "beard" and just leaves. Or something like that. I really have to see it again.
    I now realize this movie is "pretentious bullsh!t". !!!! just like PI and Waking Life...

Credits
    This movie was very interesting, but I think every one of you completely misunderstood the film. First off, no one killed anyone and going back in time does not necessarily create a double. In fact, there were only two doubles of Aaron and one double of Abe in the entire film.

First, the rules of time travel as written out by Abe: There are 4 rules set out which are rules to follow to evade casualty paradox or generally screwing up your life. 1) Do not disturb the box after you exit as you or your double is in it 2) When re-experiencing time, stay away from your double until he/she has started his/her journey backwards 3) Worry about yourself first. Now is the only moment that has to make sense 4) Don’t be too cautious.

In general, if you and your doubles follow the same schedule, there will only be a brief time (a matter of hours) when both you and your doubles co-exist. In this case, Aaron and Abe co-exist with their doubles each day from 8:50AM until 3:19PM. During this time, there will be two sets of them. Because this can create obvious issues, they purposely keep themselves separated with one set staying the day isolated in a hotel in another city.

So long as BOTH sets of people go back into the machine at 3:19PM there will cease to be two sets of people after 3:19PM. The first set (originals) experience the day in the hotel room and learn about the stock market. Then at 3:19PM they go back to 8:50AM that day and then go to their house and buy the stock. The second set will then go to the hotel and experience the day while the first set is buying the stock. Then the second set must go back in time at 3:19PM. Once this happens, no more doubles will exist.

The problem is that if either set doesn’t go back to the time machine when it is their turn, then you will have two sets co-existing forever. Worse, this error can be repeated again resulting in 3 sets. To correct this, a separate fail safe machine was created to go back far enough in time to the point before this corruption occurred.

The only problem is that the machine can not take you back earlier than the time it was created. Also, you have to actually spend the same amount of time in the machine as you want it to go back. So, to go from 3:19AM to 8:50AM requires a 6 hour wait in the machine. It becomes really difficult to go back 3 days as you must be in the machine with enough food and oxygen to last the 3 days.

The reason we got 2 sets of Aarons is because he went back in the machine on his own without Abes knowledge to change an event to get Rachael’s dangerous ex-boyfriend thrown in jail. As soon as he went back in time, a paradox was created and there were two Aarons. Aaron was not successful in the encounter between himself an Rachael’s ex-boyfriend so he kept going back in time to try again. In the process, he screwed up and created a second double. One double he locked in the attic and he locked up the other double somewhere else (no one was killed).

Abe went back in time when he learnt that Thomas (Rachael’s father) leaned about the machine (probably by following them) and had used it for unknown reasons. Abe was extremely concerned what Thomas changed so to be safe he went back 3 days, but in doing so created a paradox in which there are not two Abes.

Credits

Primer timeline

Had basically the same probs to follow the plot. So, after watchin it two times I tried to find some answers and my search ended with this:

http://www.freeweb.hu/neuwanstein/primer_timeline.html

After looking at this thing ... my brain exploded.

The film is great, btw...

Cheers