Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs up Dakota Fanning's acting in W.O.T. W. !!

I don't know what they did to her but they were a few scenes where Dakota looked genuinely frightened/scared.

You can tell because her pupils are dilated:

When you're afraid, your pupils dilate to let more light in and enhance your peripheral vision so you can perceive threats more easily. And hers were HUGE in some scenes.

Remember that the CGI (aliens and destructions) were put in after the live action has been filmed so she was looking at a Green Screen.

Maybe she was scared of Tom Cruise?

If there is an Academy Award for best scared little girl, Dakota should get it!!

I think Dakota is going to do great things as an Actress when she grows up!!

-----

THIS IS THE BEST ONE:

-----

Images copyright 2005 Paramount Pictures and Amblin Entertainment
    Last edited by j7wild; 07-05-2005 at 02:35 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    THIS IS THE BEST ONE:
    *sigh*

That was one of my sig pics 2 months ago.

(But, with the waning popularity of yours truly, I don't blame people not noticing.)

Speaking of wondergirl, the Australian free-to-air premiere of Taken is tonight.
    Last edited by editman; 07-05-2005 at 12:21 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    bah... to bad child actors turn up to be ugly when they grow up... well most of the time... or they actually turn up to be all f.ucked up.... LOL...

I actually liked her in Man on Fire...but in War of the Worlds... she was just plain annoying
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    If you haven't seen Taken, you will fall in love with Dakota all over again. I had never heard of her when I watched Taken when it was first broadcast here. I couldn't get over how GOOD she was. I've been following her career ever since .. and hope she can make the child to adult transition without getting lost along the way. A few have done it .. though very few. Ron Howard is the star of course. It can be done .. and she is terribly bright. Hopefully she has some good people looking out for her.
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

j7wild Guest
    at least her acting is so much better than Hillary Duff and those two annoying twins with too much money...

Credits
    Dakota is one adorable little girl.. Every movie I've seen with her in it, she's just amazing. There were a couple of shots of her in the WOTW movie where she looked so much older... like an adult. It was unbelievable. Because she have seen too much and it couldn't get any worse.. she have grown up. In the basement scene, I meant. But then she started all screaming on me again...

But I don't know how she could do it. Maybe Tom did take his shirt off or Steven brought along his E.T. friend and it turned out to be moving and all.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trailergod
    bah... to bad child actors turn up to be ugly when they grow up... well most of the time...
    You call Drew Barrymore, Brooke Shields or Christian Bale ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by trailergod
    or they actually turn up to be all f.ucked up.... LOL...
    You call Jodie Foster all F-ed up? Unless you count lesbianism as an aspect of being all F-ed up. And when it comes to homosexuality, I think tisoy knows more than I do. LOL.

Credits
    but i think tisoy meant there are SOME child actors that turned out hideous... like the Olsen twins and Culkin boy...

I think Dakota is going to be a beautiful woman when she grows up...

Credits
    I know what tisoy meant, Stef.

I just don't agree with the 'most of the time' part.

I do agree that some did turn hideous.

(Hmmm... does MJ count as a child star?...)

Credits
    did I say all ? ... well maybe most.... and most people cant handle fame and lots of money, especially when at young all they do is work no proper schooling and have lots of money and attention... i bet most people cant handle that......

well I watched again LOTR Fellowship Extended last night and remember that Elijah Wood started as a child actor... very young and now he is a big star with those big blue eyes.... but still most fu.ck up ... lol

Credits
    (Elijah Wood .. next time you watch Back to the Future II, check out the kids playing the video game in the corner. One is little Elijah!)

I think kid star have a tough life. They are used and abused as far as kid's quality of life goes, and they have to be very strong to make it safe and sound. I think Drew Barrymore had some really bad years, but she seems to have survived. Mac Culkin and MJ will never make it. Shirley Temple made it .. Judy Garland never escaped her demons. Keifer Sutherland seems to have survived... the list goes on and on.

So, it's not all .. but I think they all had some tough times along the way. The Olsen twins may make it yet, if they don't starve themselves to death before they grow up.

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bebbaboo
    The Olsen twins may make it yet, if they don't starve themselves to death before they grow up.
    all that money and they are starving?

just kidding but those two gals can't act. period!!

Credits
    Jodie Foster is a lesbian?
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

j7wild Guest

Talking

I heard the same rumours too but I am not sure; I need absolute confirmation (pictures, videos)!!

Credits
    Yes Videos... Videos would be very helpful in *ahem* proving such rumours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast