Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

3d stereo movie "Shark Boy & Lava Girl" will be a $100 mil hit.

Sure, it looks like a Knock-off of SPY KIDS, but Shark Boy is likely to do big
    business through the summer, because kids are hipper to change than adults.
    Millions saw "Polar Express" in polarized 3D IMAX, a few months back...and
    the kids ate up the effect. They want to see visual innovation and progress
    in their films as well as video games. 3D is like sex to pre-pubescent kids.
    I expect "Sharkboy" to reach the $100 mil mark in theaters. Most people
    don't know that "Polar Express" did 15 times as much business on the 3D
    screen as on the 2D screens per theater. Did you know that Shrek 2,
    could have been rendered to 3D for less than 1 million bucks? Did you know
    that any CGI animation can be put out in 3D for the same million in extra cost?
    A live action feature can be shot in 3D for perhaps and extra 3 million, incl.
    a lot of 3D CGI. There is a lot of talk about needing digital projection to do 3D
    (at $100,000+ per 2K prjector) but in fact there is a purely mechanical kit
    that modifies 35mm projectors to have a taller frame (6 perfs) this allows
    much brighter and sharper 3D on a regular 35mm cine projector. This
    can use either polarized or color filtered (Anachrome type) 3D. This is
    better than the crude 3D process used with SPY KIDS, in that the color is much better and the cheapy paper glasses are replaced with spiffy plastic
    ones like colored sunglasses. a few hundred thousand of the glasses are
    going to be offered in theaters running "Shark Boy", as an upsale from the
    free paper glasses. Robert Rodriguez is giving out 10 cent glasses, where
    he could have pushed the better plastic glasses..at least some of the
    theater companies see the advantage of better color and clarity. This is only
    the begining...people like James Cameron, Robert Zemiekes, and Peter
    Jackson are likely to release 3D major projects within the next 18 months.
    Even George Lucas plans to start releasing the 6 "Starwars" features in
    a new conversion to 3D...So, if you like the idea of 3D for film, games, and
    HD home viewing hope that "Shark Boy" makes a buck...to convince the money poeple in Hollywood to greenlight the coming 3D boom.

Credits
    Aside from that major plantage above, to dumb it down. Its a Robert Rodriguez movie which gets released 10th June. The story looks like a mix between Spy Kids and Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius... which i gathered from the trailer which is available at Yahoo.

More info here:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424774/
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    ... lol... Kn'thrak... its a studio plant... LOL
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dallan
    3D is like sex to pre-pubescent kids.
    Ummm.... yea.... right.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dallan
    3D is like sex to pre-pubescent kids.
    That comparison is just plain disturbing. I thought plants couldn't get any stupider.

Credits
    Most people haven't a clue that 3D is coming on like a Tsunami.( insensitive?) There are , at most, 3000
    people in the world who know something about this trend...at least enough to comment.
    This is no "plant" but a comment from one of the people who think 3D can be a good
    thing for the movie experience. When I referred to the attraction of 3D as "sex" I
    meant to say "sexy", in the sense of being a subconscious, inborn attraction. I was in
    no way imply actual sex...but forums are loaded with people wanting to take exception
    to every word. I wrote a long comment because I have informed specialized knowledge
    and interest...This is just an attempt to bring general movie fans up to speed about
    a specialized subject...that has only a relative few advocates at this stage.
    Spy Kids 3D...out-grossed all other R. Rodriguez films...and Polar Express did $46 million in only 70 3D theaters...15 times more than 2D...Those are facts! and my comments were not a studio plant... as you "full time cynics" would suggest...Just a guy with strong opinions about 3D potential.
    Last edited by 3dallan; 05-23-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Credits
    well if i want real 3D ... and Hi Def... I just have to look outside my window :-) .... now thats real 3D in Hi Def in 360 surround sound :-) ... and its free !!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trailergod
    well if i want real 3D ... and Hi Def... I just have to look outside my window :-) .... now thats real 3D in Hi Def in 360 surround sound :-) ... and its free !!!!!!
    LOLZ that just made me crack up laughing loud!! ppl around me are gona think im crazy for laffin on my own! ohwell.. but hey that was a brillian response... cudnt hav sed it better myself