Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

'Futurama' movies a go?

Found this blog by Billy West (voice of Fry) on tvtome.com which hints to three Futurama films happening sooner rather than later.

Confirmed by Billy West on his own website, talk of a Futurama movie. After our friends over at GotFuturama.com posted news that there were talks about the DVD happening, West himself decided to answer the rumors. The following is from the message board of BillyWest.com:

Top of the morning to you---and the rest of the day to myself.Ladies and gentlemen,boisenberries,pestals and stamens....there's encouraging news.
    Well,I spoke to David X.Cohen because we did promos for a new Futurama compilation and he said that they did have talks with the top guys at FOX and they were extremely impressed with the sales of the Futurama DVDs.The idea was to make a Futurama movie right to DVD and then a 2nd and a 3rd.That's what's being discussed.Fox is trying to figure out a budget for the whole project,and it sounded like David X. was very jazzed!
    I would love more than anything to do that show again.I thought it was best experience on every level...creatively,voice-wise,writing,animation and the laughs.The laughs.Writers and performers that respected each other.
    No derelict genius looking down the barrel of his own complacency wrecking everything in his wake.
    Wouldn't it be nice?
    A great day to be us.What's better than that?

Love is in the air and so is mercury but we're working on it.

Bye all,
    Billy

As you can see, details are limited, mainly because this is the only news on it anyone really has. We'll keep checking in and see what happens as the months go by.
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    hmmm but how will it be? in what format ? 4 episodes in one movie ? i wonder what story line ? coz Futurama does not really follow a plot, well some episodes are related to each other.... but I do like how the chracters developed thru the seasons
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I would imagine DVD and the new formats maybe.

I guess the movies would simply be around 80min films with a complete storyline each. Maybe another Omacronian invasion or something.

Credits
    the central story in Futurama is the relationship between Leela and Fry. The series didn't quite end with them getting together so for all we know, the Futurama movies will be like Hitchhikers Galaxy in that Fry tries to save Leela proving his love... etc. .. etc.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    That's cool. I'm not sure exactly how they would do it (format, storyline etc) but i think it could be really cool.

Credits
    This is more then likely to be an animated movie ryt... which is gr8.. but i wud love to see an live action movie of this some time in the near future... cuz i reckon with a lot of CGI and stuff... they cud make this movie work.... just like da form in which hitchhikers was.... which was just an blow ur synapses kinda movie!

Credits
    Any idea when this will be released in relation to the Simpsons movie? Before? After?

Credits
    Well they seem pretty keen to get them under way, I'd say with Simpsons coming out 2006-7\8 it would be before.