Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

apple and Intel and OS X on Intel

well it seems none from the Apple front on this forum ever posted anything about the HUGE news that Apple will start using only Intel chips starting 2006 for the ibook and Powerbook and all G5 or G6 will have Intel starting 2007.... ...

I think this is the biggest news in a while in the computer world... I remember the days when Apple adds would have those line "toasted" the Pentium 2 ... lol .. now who is sleeping with the enemy... LOL..

so once its becomes official.. this special market of apple users will be gone.. cant wait to install Windows in a Powerbook with out emulation of course.... ... hehehe

OS Intel on a Dell Laptop

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    well its about time....i remember Apple talking about this when they were first starting to develop OS-X many,many years ago. i am very glad that this is finally going to happen. now, M$ won't have such a strong hold on PC machines. my question is, has anyone heard of these machine being dual boot ?? i'm thinking a possibility. you can dual boot between Linux and Windows......

edit: i have seen some screen shots but no real articles about this. chance someone might be able to post some more info on this ?? thanks
    Last edited by redbear; 06-14-2005 at 09:21 AM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    don't be so fast with your "whoohoos" apple already said that the final release of mac os x for intel wont be running on regular intel pc. if the pc doesn't have the specs apple says then you wont see anything. but what is possible for sure: windows nativ running on intel-mac