Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Serious Help Needed!!!!

I figured that would get the attention. I have a HUGE problem. Next July, my FIANCE and I (she hates when I say girlfriend) are planning on getting married. We would like to have a Movie-themed wedding, i.e. red carpet, velvet ropes, but we are having trouble coming up with ideas. She posted this same question in a wedding forum somewhere else, and has recieved quite a few good responses. I thought I would post this question here, because we are all movie buffs in this forum and I assume that some of you are married.

Here are the ideas we have so far:
    1) Clapboard Invitations
    2) Wedding Located in a Movie Theater
    3) Our name on the marquee (spelling?) out front
    4) A picture of us the size of a movie poster on an easel out front
    5) A red carpet and velvet rope for the entryway
    6) We thought about getting a giant empty popcorn box and filling it with white and yellow balloons

Does anyone know where we could get velvet rope and posts?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot, you guys!!!

Credits
    wow. All great ideas. Except the movie theater. I'm more thinking about on those old theater stage movie sets. But that movie poster is great. Get some artist to make one and send it out to a poster making company. Wedding Invitations are just like movie tickets in the same format but in a sort of envelope which that is all graphical and stuff.
    For the rope and posts, why not just ask a cinema that has them? Ask if you can borrow them or where to get them from. Whats your budget?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Actually, an old movie theater could work.

Here's an idea to go with it. Create a movie of your life and your fiance's and have popcorn, and everybody watch it. Kinda like a commercial I saw once.

If you do a movie poster, do it old school (ala Gone with the Wind)

Edit (9:32 PM PST, 6/26/2005): You know nobody has said CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! - What's her favorite movie (I think we all know yours Kal-El )
    Last edited by Granite; 06-26-2005 at 10:33 PM.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Yeah, we planned on using an old movie theater. If you guys want pics so you can see, just let me know, by e-mailing me at clark9577@yahoo.com, or I can try to post them on here. It looks pretty cool, it's two story and has a big stage for theater productions, too. As far as the invitations, we've decided to use a "director's clapboard" invitation that my fiancee made. It's made of paper, and you lift the top flap up where the "clapper" is, then the whole thing is like a tri-gatefold (does that make sense?). We've also decided to hand out "fake" movie tickets in our wedding program that people can use to redeem a "free" entry into our reception. We've thought about having chocolate candies in the shape of "Oscar". But what do you guys think, as far as "red carpet premieres" that we could maybe apply to either the wedding or the reception? We've never been to them, but we see them all the time on T.V., i.e. the Oscars, and no we're not having Joan Rivers to attend......

Credits
    I love the idea of the red carpet. You need to have someone interviewing the guests as they arrive ... and film it all. Maybe get some "extras" to stand behind the ropes and cheer as they arrive (hire some high schoolers for the part). It will be priceless in future years as you look back .. I'd love to have interviews of my wedding guests! I really like the idea of showing a movie of your lives ... either as part of the ceremony or at the reception. Are the ushers going to be in costume .. as ushers? That would be cool.

So, are we all invited?
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    That is the coolest thing I've ever heard! It sounds so original. I like bebbaboo's idea of having interviewers outside of the theatre. Here's a thought... You can have the whole ceremony as an act, but real. Like a reality movie! You can have a director and some producer at the altar with you. Before you begin, before the bride walks down the aisle, the director says with a camera.. "And.. action!" Once the bride gets up to the altar.. the director can butt in at some times.. "Cut! Okay maid of honor, once I say go, I want you to fix her dress and make it look pretty. Aaaand action!" .... "Cut! I want you to say it like you mean it! Action!" ... I guess something like that. I let my imagination gets the best of me..
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Sorry, Granite, I didn't even see your response. I apologize. Well I actually like Superman and Star Wars. Her favorite movie is (gulp) Pretty Woman. Quick story about that...she says the movies that I own (Matrix Trilogy, Superman, Star Wars, etc.) are all fantasies that could never happen. I said Pretty Woman is a fantasy, too. It's about a billionaire who falls in love with a prostitute that looks like Julia Roberts. Like that could ever happen..... Anyway, we also got a response from another forum that said we should have an ice sculpture in the shape of Oscar. Sounds cool, and EXPENSIVE. If you guys wanna see pics of the theater we're using, send me a private message with an e-mail or something, or I can try to figure out how to post it on here.

Later

Credits
    Post the pictures here ... I think we'd all like to see the theater.

Credits
    Ok, when I try and post the pictures, I hit the "Insert Image" button, but all it does is refreshes the page. I'm sure it's a javascript problem, so how do I fix it? I'd really like you guys to see the theater we've picked out so I could get your opinion...

Thanks

Credits
    If it's saved on a file, click on manage attachment.

If it's a picture from a link, then you click on

I'm guessing it didn't work cuz it's a file? Or it could be a one time thing, you can try again. Sometimes I can't do something on the net. I either just wait or re-start the computer and it'll work.

I hope you get it. I want to see the pictures.

Credits
    Ok, here are the pics, finally. I realize that some are out of focus a little, but that's operator issues on the camera. Let me know what you think of the place, especially you Radstar..... I've got more if you wanna see them

Credits
    The theater looks awesome. I liked the pictures. I definitely approve!

When is the wedding?

Credits
    July 2005 is the wedding date.

Credits
    July 2005 is this month. Don't you mean July 2006?

Credits
    Oh yeah. Sorry, I just woke up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast