Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

35mm trailer for Star Trek Generations: You wanna help get it online in High-Def???

today i received the 35mm reel of the star trek generations trailer. as most of you (especially you star trek fans) know, the trailer was dropped from the dvd release for unknown reasons. the romur was that it has something to do with music rights. since the trailer only has music from star trek films this is the most lamest excuse not to inlcude the trailer. anyway, i have it now as a 35mm but getting this baby on a format i can work with, namely encode and post it here at movie-list wont be easy.
    i do know that many of you want us to hunt down rare trailers and this one sure is rare. since a telecine job isn't cheap i want you to ask if you would support me getting this baby online for your and all other trailer fans.

i don't know yet how much money would be needed but i guess it will be around 100 - 200 euro. yes, telecine jobs are expensive i surely will post a price in next week if i found out how much it will be.

well, it's up to you to get this running. i paid for the 35mm version and it looks pretty good

here a pic of a frame scaned by me the dirt you see is from the scaner's glass and not from the 35mm.
    Last edited by bendermac; 08-06-2005 at 07:53 AM.

Credits
    update

i've called yesterday with a local company who does telecine jobs and i was told that the price may around 50 euro, maybe less.
    i gonna visit the company this week. what i'll get is a 1080p uncompressed master for the trailer and that means: forget everything you've seen before of the star trek 7 trailer

i really hope some of you guys and girls will help paying the bill for this baby. i know 50 euro ain't much, but i don't make that much money that i can simply drop 50 euro just for one trailer

i'm counting on you

Credits
    Hey!!! I'm in for sure! I just hope we have some other folks here on ML that can back up! Imagine we get so many people that it'll just be a buck a piece! Now that's what I call love for the game!

--Dan

Credits
    I'll put in too.

Not a trekkie, but if it's really only gonna cost 50 euro ($80AU. I spent more than that buying OOP DVDs.) for a decent transfer, I will share the telecine fee just to show what a true Forum contributor is supposed to be, as opposed to those phony 'contributors'.
    Last edited by editman; 08-07-2005 at 09:32 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I'm in with 5 EUR as well .
    Just tell me when you need 'em and where.

Best regards,
    VSG

Credits
    Hi there.

I'll contribute 3 EUR via PayPal or bank transfer.

Greetings

DrZed

Credits
    I'm in too.

Credits
    to; bendermac

Please share the name of the facility that will do a High Def
    trailer 35mil transfer.

Sounds too good to be true . . but hope it is.

We're used to $800 [ in Atlanta ] to $1700 [ in New York ] USD per hour for 35 mil to HD

Thanks,

Credits
    I'm willing to make a small donation, just let me know when you need it and how to proceed.

Credits
    for anyone who wishes to contribute money for the telecine, please do it via paypal. you can send the money to me using this address --> skyfilms@t-online.de

thank you all for your contribution :big grin:

@ captainceluloid

it wont help you if i give you the address since it's not a pro-house. the delivery output will be hdv and that is not recommend for real film distribution. besides, you had to ship your entire stock to germany
    and 800 dollars for one hour isn't that bad if it's done professionally.

Credits
    UPDATE

today i delivered the trailer to the facility. the telecine should be done next week. the person who will do the telecine will call me and then i can talk with when it's all done. this also means if you want to contribute money, i'll need it now

Credits
    I just sent you $20. Can't wait to see the trailer!
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    I sent $10.00 via PayPal. Thanks for all your hard work and contributions!

Credits
    This is exciting! Any updates for us bender? I'm can't wait, thanks for your contribution.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by KevLeviathan
    Any updates for us bender?
    yep, but not good ones

today i received the tape with the trailer and it looks bad. the contract was that i get a hdv at 24fps file but i only got it in dv and that one was even in pal. this happened because the company had problems with their equipment and so they ask another company to help out which they f*cked it up. the other problem was that it wasn't a real telecine. they recorded it with a dv cam from the projected screen ok, if done right this can look pretty good but it will never look as good as a real telecine.

i also made a screenshot for you, so you can see how it looks like.

as you can see the picture isn't even straight and that is a big no no!!!
    anyway, the company who originaly was hired to do the job gave me the money do the problems. i asked them if they can contact me when they setled their equiment problems and redo the whole thing.

so what does this mean for you trailer nerds? quite simple: we either forget this entire thing and see it this way: if we want real quality, then we have to hire real professionals and pay for the wanted quality.
    the other thing we can do is this: we have to hire real professionals and pay for the wanted quality.this would mean a lot more money is needed. about 300 - 400 €, maybe less
    what will you get? you get a real telecine taken by an arri laser scanner. yes the one they use for films to put them on dvd

it's up to you folks

nontheless, a very special thank you for all members who contributed so far for our expirement :big grin:
    Last edited by bendermac; 09-06-2005 at 04:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast