Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Hmmm... 50 Euros for a HD transfer DID sound too good to be true.

Hang on. Surely with more than one contributor to the 'experiment' you should have received more than 50 Euros, didn't you bender? bebbaboo put in $20(US I presume?) and so did I, that's $40US plus bits here and there. So how much is there left after paying the dodgy telecine, if there's any left?

(Not that I care about the money donated, but if you wanna do a true HD transfer - which hopefully costs only 300 Euros - at least give us an idea how much more to raise from this point forward.)

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Hmmm... 50 Euros for a HD transfer DID sound too good to be true.
    yea, but it didn't work out as i hoped for

bebbaboo put in $20(US I presume?) and so did I
    yes she did but i never received yours.

So how much is there left after paying the dodgy telecine, if there's any left?
    all together it's 58,73 € this is all the money i've received from you guys i'd would've needed an extra of 25 € for the hdv tapedeck which i needed to rent for 2 hours. they gave to me for this price as i only needed it for 2 hours. 80min driving from store to home and back and 40 min for the setup and capturing. usually it would've cost 89 € for a whole day. at the end i didn't needed to pay for it since the file on the tape wasn't what i wanted

i also contacted another company who does real telecine and asked them what it would cost to do the trailer. i hope i'll receive an answer tomorrow but don't it will be cheap, actually i guess it will be around 400 €.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bendermac
    yes she did but i never received yours.
    Oh yes you did.

This email confirms that you sent 20.00 EUR to skyfilms@t-online.de.
    So we can safely say we're back to square 1 now. Fair enough.

MOD Edit no hotlinking of email addresses
    Last edited by bendermac; 09-06-2005 at 08:45 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    Oh yes you did.
    erm, then you must be ****** *******, because he was the only one who send 20 € which are now 18,87 € after paypal snatched their little part of the transaction

sorry eddie, was my bad
    Last edited by bendermac; 09-07-2005 at 06:08 AM. Reason: giving no clues of identiy ;)

Credits

i wanna help too

i found a company mabey

just try and ask them

www.dvcuts.com

Credits
    i already found a new company and they made me an offer which is really good. i gonna call them this week for an apointment. i'll let you guys know.

btw, this new company is a real pro-house so we can expect the quality we're looking for. nonetheless i gonna ask for a sample work so i going to see what they produce

so stay tuned for a new update in 1 or 2 weeks

Credits
    Any new news on this? I was eager to see how it turned out.
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    sorry folks for the delay of an updated news, which wasn't my fault

yesterday i called with the company again and thy told me that they where ready for the scanning and so i received an offer. this offer knocked me down for good. the price for the setup of the machine and scanning at 2k res would be 887,50 € + tax now you can say "why do 2k res, why not do something below?" you're right, but that below would "only" be pal res (720x576) and the last offer for that was 50,- € + tax + shipping.
    the quality would be like you see on new trailers for example on warner dvds.

i'm surely not going to ask you guys to pay 900 € for trailer, nore would i wanna pay for that. put the money for better use i say. but standard-res would nice too.

so it's up you how we work this out: we either drop the ball or we do a dvd res version, which would be good as there is no other real dvd source out there

those who contributed, it's your call i'd say "let's do it anyway, even it's only dvd res"

Credits
    I agree. Go with the DVD res.

Credits

Go for it

I'm sure we can all come up with a bit more money to make this happen. Just let us know. Also, can you translate that into $ so this dumb American can know exactly what we're talking about?
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    we're talking about $1.100 + tax + shipping + data storage

Credits
    Is this DVD res anamorphic?

Credits
    So, let me get this straight: the DVD res will be in PAL, which means once it's transferred you still have to do go through the re-adjustment to get around the PAL speedup? Or are they going to do the telecine 24f progressive scan?

For to do the 2k transfer, you need around 100 members donating ~$20US each. I don't know we had that many people donating last time.

More importantly, are we absolutely certain that we can trust these people that they will give us a decent transfer, unlike those crooks you dealt with last time which outsourced the job to some bonzos?

I say do the DVD res too. But I wanna make sure that my money is well-spent and actually get good results this time.

Credits
    the scanned file will be a bit more then 720x576. i have to crop it all myself. it will be native 24fps progressive. but i can make either a pal or a ntsc res version. i dunno if it's anamorphic, but i'll surely ask if they get the contract.
    as for the quality, they assured me it's top notch. they don't wanna have 1000 dollar for nothing if you do a 2k res scanning

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bendermac
    as for the quality, they assured me it's top notch. they don't wanna have 1000 dollar for nothing if you do a 2k res scanning
    But you're talking about the 2k scenario. (If a grant can't get it right you might as well sue them for fraud.)

What about the €50 DVD-res transfer (which is most likely what you're getting)? When you say similar to Warner Bros trailers quality (mind you, those are anamorphic), is it just an assuption or are those their actual words?

(And hopefully they're not referring to the quality of, say, the Constantine international trailer. )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast