Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Talking Classic Trailers that Movie-List should put up in the future

hey there flolks. let me just say that i'm a fan of movie-list now and i'm new to the site and the message board. when i saw that it was rocky week i was overjoyed. personally i'm really waiting for the Rocky III trailer. next to the Rocky IV trailer it's the second best of all the rocky tarilers. i also love the classic section of trailers too, but there aren'r enough classic trailers there.

i realize the movie-list website creators probably have their hands full w/ all the new movie trailers being put out constantly but they could put more effort into that section in the future. most classic trailers are easily accessible though dvd's these days because it seems the trailers that are in the "classic" come from a dvd source.

but there are tons of dvd classics that have trilers on them. but i guess the problem is that the guys who work on this site and the trailers don't have an extensive dvd collection or the time or the money to do it all at once.

for the future they should put up trailers for these action classics listed below that are available on dvd w/ their original trailers.

Conan: The Barbarian
    Conan: The Destroyer
    Robocop
    Robocop 2
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
    First Blood
    Rambo: First Blood II
    Rambo III
    Black Rain
    Cobra
    Predator
    Top Gun
    Days Of Thunder
    Missing In Action
    Beverly Hills Cop II
    Romancing The Stone
    Jewel of The Nile'

there's lots more but i can't think of any right now. but what do you all think?

Credits
    The biggest problem with putting up the classics is more bandwidth (aka: Cost).
    We can put up as many new trailers as we want, because we don't host them. But classics are only available at Movie-List and we had to put up the cash to host them.
    There are many more on the way... but you'll have to settle for one a week for now....

These are already slated to go up soon.

Conan: The Barbarian
    First Blood
    Beverly Hills Cop II

Credits
    I WANT ALL TMNT MOVIE TRAILERS!!!!

please...
    snootch to the noonch!

Credits
    ok, this is what i noticed..... old trailers are reallly "OLD" and "BORING" and do waste bandwidth or space. I really think that trailers from movies before the 1990's are boring and old. Trailers made these days are completely different compared to before....

New trailers now are more artistic, money is spent doing it. Old trailers like from "Rocky", which is a good classic movie, in IMO is crap...

SO I say, why wont we just focus on movie trailers from the 1990's and above, in which are completely different comapred to the ones before.

I have lots of trailers from very old movie, yes they are classics.... but the trailers are just cuts and edits from the film with the director or actor talking for 3 minutes.....

Anybody agree with me?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I agree with you somewhat, but there are good trailers from before 1990. Sure, there are less... but they are there.

Credits
    Here is an AWESOME movie that I remember watching as a little kid (now i'm a big kid )

Number 5 is alive!!!!!! God damn i loved this movie so much.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

put up the conan trailer first

Well jean-pierre thanks for the info on which trailers you plan to put up. i must say that you and your team have done a great job w/ this site.

please put up conan: the barbarian trailer first. please!! and the first blood

Credits

Re: put up the conan trailer first

Originally posted by Bhayes
    Well jean-pierre thanks for the info on which trailers you plan to put up. i must say that you and your team have done a great job w/ this site.

please put up conan: the barbarian trailer first. please!! and the first blood
    yes, Conan first...and then "The good, The Bad And The Ugly" next!

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Number 5 is alive!!!!!!
    OMG!!! Not THAT MOVIE!

Originally Posted by Tisoy
    Anybody agree with me?
    Yes i do. Most old trailers are Grainy, Some times borring, and are too long more like a sample rather than a Trailer they also revile too much plot most of the time.

Credits
    I haven't seen many old trailers that I like cus they're so cheesey. I watched the Terminator trailer on the DVD, and I hated. That deep voice just sounds really bad now. It's the same with Jaws.

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    ok, this is what i noticed..... old trailers are reallly "OLD" and "BORING" and do waste bandwidth or space. I really think that trailers from movies before the 1990's are boring and old. Trailers made these days are completely different compared to before....

New trailers now are more artistic, money is spent doing it. Old trailers like from "Rocky", which is a good classic movie, in IMO is crap...

SO I say, why wont we just focus on movie trailers from the 1990's and above, in which are completely different comapred to the ones before.

I have lots of trailers from very old movie, yes they are classics.... but the trailers are just cuts and edits from the film with the director or actor talking for 3 minutes.....

Anybody agree with me?
    yup I agree with u totally. Sure JP is right, there is some good ones, like Alien. but most of the stuff u see is just plain BAD. I dont even think u have to go as far back as 1990. Alot of the trailers from the 90's are crappy and not made very well.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Alien was the best teaser ever made to date even.
    Graphics and multimedia classes I've had tell that Aliens teaser was extremely effective and the posters as well.

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Here is an AWESOME movie that I remember watching as a little kid (now i'm a big kid )

Number 5 is alive!!!!!! God damn i loved this movie so much.
    i loved that movie too!!!! i wuz soo happy when he wuz alive. i wuz like YAY!! i also liked the second one. have ya seen the second one? it wuz taken place in new york city. that wuz a good one too. i cried! i am sooo gonna get this movie.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Spaceballs

OH GOD PLZ!!!!!!

Credits
    ok...just got the Willow DVD...checked the trailer...and it was so stupidly funny.... i mean its so stupid if u compare it with trailer these days

...those damn stupid narators in trailers...lol

and this movie was made 1988 ... so old trailers are not always good...

bw the movie was surprisingly good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast