Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Credits

Talking Batman Begins sequel confirmed!

From Scifiwire:

Batman Begins producer Charles Roven told SCI FI Wire that the cast is signed on for a sequel, the script is in the works, new cast members are being discussed and the only delay is an OK by director Christopher Nolan. "We all hope there is going to be another one," Roven said in an interview for the upcoming Terry Gilliam film The Brothers Grimm, which he also produced. "We're waiting for Chris Nolan to declare himself. We will do it after he does that."

Batman Begins star Christian Bale has signed on to reprise the role of the seething and dark Bruce Wayne/Batman, as have Michael Caine as the butler Alfred, Katie Holmes as the love interest Rachel Dawes and Gary Oldman as police detective Jim Gordon, Roven confirmed.

But Roven added that it's too early to talk about new cast members. He discounted rumors that The Daily Show's Steve Carrell is up for the role of the Joker. Roven is working with Carrell on the big-screen version of the TV spy comedy series Get Smart and said it's way too early to talk about new cast members for the as-yet-untitled next Batman film.

Roven said that it would be possible to proceed with another Batman movie without Nolan, but added that he would prefer Nolan to do another one.

"The point is that the studio owns the franchise, and they can do without any of us," Roven said. "But it was a spectacular experience with Chris [Nolan], and he kept everyone involved and was very collaborative. So we hope it will happen again with him."
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Oh yeah!!! bring it on... Batman Begins was one of the best superhero movies ever... and if the Sequele is just 50% as good it will be 1 hell of a movie..

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready.

Have tickets gone on sale yet? Just tell me where the line forms.

I waited a long time to see a really good live-action Batman movie and I was not dissappointed. I am ready for more.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Bring it on! :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

j7wild Guest

No KATIE in Batman Sequel

Katie Holmes will not be in the sequel, thank God!!

She was dropped from being included in the sequel the first week Batman Begins hit the theater due to 2 reasons:

1. she was the weak link in the movie;

2. her romance with Tom Cruise took publicity away from the movie which infuriated Warner Bros and also caused the opening weekend box office receipts to be lower than expected.

Actual: $71 million (wed thru sun); expected: $100 million (realistic for a big budget movie playing on a 5-day opening week);

Katie Holmes was cute in Dawson's Creek but unfortunately she is one of those actresses who do not successfully make the transition from the small TV screen to the Big Silver Screen in terms of acting and screen presence.

Cheers!!

Credits

yeah I heard she was dropped as well

And thank god!

Credits
    Maybe it was because I didn't watch Dawson's Creek regularly so I'm not that used to seeing her in other roles (have I really watched anything else that she was in? I don't think so), and I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what celebrities legally do in their private lives (of course, it was hard not to know about the relationship between her and Tom, but if I could have avoided it entirely, I would have), but I didn't have a problem with her in the movie.

In either case, blaming a supporting actress for a theoretical $30 million loss just because she has a new celebrity boyfriend and they are both overly zealous toward one another is a bit harsh, even for Hollywood. If anything, the relationship should have hurt War of the Worlds, not Batman Begins.

Credits
    ive heard that also about katie holmes and that there will be no girl but just crime busting batman and the villian obviously is going to be joker. the other thing ive heard is that the joker is going to be played by the guy from wimbledon so he better be good
    "Behind this mask is ideas and ideas my friend are bulletproof" Codename V

Credits
    Personally, I'm still holding out hope that Mark Hamill will be the Joker. I doubt it will happen, but a guy can dream.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad
    ive heard that also about katie holmes and that there will be no girl but just crime busting batman and the villian obviously is going to be joker. the other thing ive heard is that the joker is going to be played by the guy from wimbledon so he better be good
    Your talking about Paul Bettany witch imo is a great actor´... i love his work even tho he usaly has suporting roles.. witch is a pitty cos he has some raw talent... but on the other hand i dont think he has the persona for The Joker... but hey.. you never know i have been blown away by strange casting choises befor so im openminded...

Fed7haS

Credits
    Although it worked great as a tease at the end of the film, I think it would be a really bad idea to have The Joker in the next movie.
    Jack Nicholson did a great job the first time around, and it would be much simpler (and more innovative) to bring in some of the other villains instead.
    Save The Joker for later on (if at all).

Credits
    cool news!!!
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckmen
    The end of Begins set up the Joker as the next villian, not having him in it would be a dissapointment to fans everywhere.
    i dont think so. i agree with JP that Jack did an awesome job and there are a plethora of villians that they can cull to bring in. i think it might be wise to keep the joker in the dark for one more movie and then bring him in for the third. that way it will build up suspense and possibly make the joker out to be a bigger badass

glad to hear katie wont be in the next one. she is an ok actress but her talents above looking good are nihl. (and thats pushing it)

Last edited by redbear; 08-10-2005 at 04:39 AM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    Although it worked great as a tease at the end of the film, I think it would be a really bad idea to have The Joker in the next movie.
    Jack Nicholson did a great job the first time around, and it would be much simpler (and more innovative) to bring in some of the other villains instead.
    Save The Joker for later on (if at all).

Gotta disagree with this one. I think it would be a great idea to have The Joker in this sequel, provided they follow the novel, like Batman Begins.
    The Joker is incredibly insane and vicious in the graphic novels.
    That would be great. Don't get me wrong I think Jack Nicholson was a phenominal Joker, for what he was playing. This a different character and a different series of movies.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    i dont think so. i agree with JP that Jack did an awesome job and there are a plethora of villians that they can cull to bring in.
    Nah, **** Jack, he wasn't even a great Joker. Look, we all love Jack but anyone who grew up reading Batman will tell you, Joker is not some 50 year old comic, he's supposed to be a lean, young friggin' psychopath. He's not supposed to make you laugh he's supposed to scare the **** out of you. Ignore Jack's interpretation and let's have a crazy as bat-**** lunatic Joker.
    paulbazinet@yahoo.com
    My Music Forum: <a href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start" target="_blank">http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start</a>
    "I can Dere-lick my own balls thank you!" - Derek Zoolander

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast