Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Movie-List part of your life?

An interesting question towards a simple guest to the regular members. How much is Movie-List part of your life?

Breaking down the question here, how much has ML changed you to anything you say that brings ML to a topic between friends and strangers. We have heard (from the members) that they have seen and/or mention ML in their everyday life. Myself, I'm curious because I have made the people around me and in my life aware of this simply outstanding site Movie-List.com.

Here are some stories for example.
    Firstly, my parents know for sure what ML is by means of various ways. One is when going to the movies or looking forward to a particalar movie, I suggest to them to see that movie's trailer (at THE site) or information. I know I've implanted the important of this site because my mum resently told me she gives everyone at work (while talking about movies) to visit ML for the latest trailers. Another is merchandise around the house. Most times, I wear a t-shirt from ML and lots of ppl are curious (parents know) and do ask me. A mug I use for tea or soup makes sure my parents know how to feed me and in what goods Pretty much at this point my parents can not forget what ML is even if they tried.
    Another way I have done is mentioning it in topics of movies to old and new friends and even strangers. While purchasing a particular DVD, the salemans asked if I was a fan of the movie which I responded with "HA... No. Just after the trailers on it." Puzzled, I told him about my enjoyment of watching trailers and Movie-List itself. Told him if he knows about it, "No I haven't heard of it" and told him to go look it up.
    At work, talks of movies come up offen (if not forced by me ), Movie-List comes up offen and too when some new awesome trailer does come out, I point everyone towards ML. Its such a simple site and easy to remember address.

Anyone have stories what ML has affected you and ppl around you?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I download the trailers and save them to my harddrive, and then burn them to CD for offline viewing when A) I have enough to fill up a 700 MB CD or B) I have so many that they are taking up valuable space on my harddrive. Once upon a time, it was A, lately, it has been B. At last count, I have 36 CDs made (close to 1,500 trailers, and if watched back-to-back with no time between trailers, it would take 52 hours, 45 minutes and 29 seconds to watch them all) and nearly 10 GB of trailers that I need to sort through for burning onto CD or discarding.

I really need to get a DVD burner so I can cut down the disks in my collection.

Anyway, I end up supplying various family members and friends with copies of the CDs that I make (I do this for free... not sure about the legal ramifications of selling copyrighted, albiet free, material from third-parties). No sense keeping the joy to myself, and they make great Christmas and birthday presents. Most of the people I give the CDs to have dial-up internet, so they don't get to fully appreciate Movie-List for the trailers, but I make sure that they know where I got them. Sometimes one of them goes to the site, sees a trailer that interests them, and then they ask me if I had downloaded it yet so they can watch it.

Also, anytime a movie comes up in conversation, I offer to show whoever I am talking to the trailer (telling them where I got it, of course).
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

JPB: damn, I'd like to have M-L t-shirt (to wear it & advertising M-L here in sLOVEnia)...

"M-L logo & internet address"
    colour: black
    size: Small or Medium

besides that: ML is just part of my life (& one of the few forums I check everyday)...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Movie-List is pretty much the only forum I go to at this point. I guess it's because I've been coming by for such a long time and I know a lot of people here and I love everyone here!

People who love movies ROCK!

It doesn't really change my life except the fact it gets me psyched when it make me realize there's a movie that's coming out that I would love to see. I don't watch trailers though. I do love to watch trailers AFTER I've seen the movie. So yes, I stop by the trailers section to watch some that's interesting.

And JP is pretty cool since he created this place. And look how much it have grown. I do hope to do that someday in the future. I'm thinking about downloading my new Frontpage 2003 software within the next couple of days. I would create websites about myself with pictures for starters. I'll post the link once or if I've created it. So I'm basically using this website as an inspiration.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I HAVE to check ML every day. A day without ML is a day without ... oh .. sorry about that. Seriously, if I'm unable to check out the forums every day because of travel or illness, I jump right back on as soon as possible. I love talking to the friends I've met here, and reading all the posts .. from inane to perceptive. JP has done a fantastic job with this site, and I'm proud to be one of the contributing members.

I too tell all my friends and family about ML, and urge them to check out the site, the trailers and the forums. There isn't another site even close to it in the world.

Oh, and y'all get real jealous. I'm going to meet RADSTAR next week! She's coming up to Sherman for a visit. We'll let you know all about it ... maybe even take pictures.

GO JP!

P.S. I want one of those ML mugs too! JP .... can you get some made and take orders? That would be way cool.
    Last edited by bebbaboo; 08-11-2005 at 11:22 AM.
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bebbaboo
    Oh, and y'all get real jealous. I'm going to meet RADSTAR next week! She's coming up to Sherman for a visit. We'll let you know all about it ... maybe even take pictures.
    I met Becca yesterday! We had lunch at a mexican restaurant, called Tia's. We had a long conversation, didn't we Becca?

Ya'll should know that Becca is sooooo much cooler in person.

Credits
    Ha .. I don't know about cool. How cool can a bald-headed old lady be? But this chemo will be over soon and the hair will grow back .. they promised me!

Seriously, we had a great visit. I met RADSTAR (Stephanie) and her boyfriend Chris. They are delightful. Truely. The lunch hour went by way too fast and I had to get back to work. However, I was glad to see that we shared a love of margaritas too! I'm hoping the next visit will include a movie as well! That would make the visit perfect. Sorry we both forgot to bring a camera. Next time!

Credits
    Obviously I check Movie-List and it's forums several times every day, though I don't have time to post as much as I would like.
    My parents, my (very-soon-to-be) wife and some of my best friends know of this place and some of them know about ZUBi, Chris, Editman, Jedi Master (and his Jedi-Baby ) and others. When my friends come at my place I put the newly downloaded trailers in MPC's playlist, we sit down and watch them. They all know where I get my trailers and movie infos from...
    So yes, M-L is a part of my everyday life and I love this site.
    Last edited by lafce; 08-22-2005 at 05:55 PM.

Credits

ML part of my life

Something similar happens to me. I don't have computer now, I need to go to cybercafés to use one. So my friends in the cybers know about my interest on Movie List and, since they see me viewing the trailers on the screen, they always ask me about it. I explain to them what I know and several times I gave them the web address of ML, so they can go and check by themselves.

They (and me) admire the quality of the trailers, and much of my time on the cybers is for downloading trailers from here. Sometimes, it happens that I have some gigabites of HD space used on one or two cybers for the storage of the trailers before recording on CDs.

Movie List is one of my favorite sites on internet. I'm very happy. :big grin:
    Last edited by jmcc; 08-23-2005 at 05:29 PM.

Credits
    Im so addicted and used to viewing movie-list.. that nearly everytime i open up the web browser.. i type in movie-list.com even if i didnt intend to type it.. its almost like my fingers type in movie-list.com as a reflex action! so yes i end up visiting movie-list and its forum as if my life depended on it (which it does... cuz i dont kno what else i wud do widout sitting down and enjoying trailers! )

when my brothers at work i always send him a link to the coolest trailers n stuff and then he goes on passing the link to his work mates n so on...

when i go to my friends house.. because i have the reflex of typing in movie-list.com i always end up viewing it at their houses... and end up showing em all the updates. so basically i put a gun to there head to watch the stuff.. lolz!!

theres alot of movies that i probably wouldnt have owned if i had not of come across the trailers via movie-list. about 60% of the dvds in my dvdlist are there becuz i was fond of the trailers that i viewed. so yeah movie-list has definetly played a massive part in my life.. and the way it seems to be going.. movie list will carry on playing a massive part in my life