Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Marvel Studios

Credits

Cool Marvel Studios

Marvel has announced they will change their name from Marvel Enterprises to Marvel Entertainment. The plan is for the company to produce films based on its own properties.

Per their set up, Paramount Pictures will market and distribute their films much like 20th Century Fox does for Lucasfilm.

The company has identified ten characters & groups it will develop as potential feature franchises:

Captain America

Avengers

Nick Fury

Black Panther

Ant-Man

Cloak and Dagger

Dr. Strange

Hawkeye

Power Pack

Shang-Chi

The "new" company hopes to release its first film in the summer of 2008. Marvel Studios' Avi Arad said they are looking to quickly hire writers and directors for the various productions.
    Some questionable choices there. I thought Power Pack was long gone, and rightly so. Cloak and Dagger could become a nifty movie though, and not with too much CGI.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    lol yea lots of CG clothes in this one

Credits
    I heard that the director of Shaun of the Dead is attached to Ant-Man. Never heard of Ant-Man but I would love to see a comedic spin like Shaun was to zombie films!

I think Marvel is running out of steam. The good characters already have films. I guess the only one that hasn't been done that could be somewhat interesting is Captain America, but I would quickly tire of the patriotic hero... unless they place him in a period film back in the 1930s-40s as a hero of WWII. That would rock! A Saving Private Ryan for superheros!

But as far as the rest of the heros go, just don't. Hawkeye is lame. Iron Man is lame. Dr. Strange is lame.

Here's looking forward to the last R-rated Marvel film, Punisher II! I can't wait to see that Director's Cut with newly shot footage for Punisher! I liked the original, despite its flaws, but the director keeps talking about how pared down the script began from its first draft due to money issues. A new cut with the opening war sequence would be amazing!
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Well here is my view on thing in the Mighty world of Marvel

Captain America ( yes )

Avengers ( it all depends on which Avengers it will be )

Nick Fury ( maybe )

Black Panther ( yes )

Ant-Man ( NO )

Cloak and Dagger ( NO )

Dr. Strange ( yes )

Hawkeye ( maybe )

Power Pack ( HELL NO!! who though this was a good idea??? )

Shang-Chi ( NO )

Punisher II ( yes )

Fantasic Four 2 ( yes )

Hulk 2 ( yes )

Spider-Man 3 ( HELL YEAH!! )

X-Men 3 ( This has become a Maybe since Bryan Singer left)

Ghost Rider ( yes )

Iron Man ( yes )

Silver Surfer ( This is in the middle between NO and Maybe )

sequels getting a yes depends on whether or not the people involved in the previous films are in the follow ups.

Now the way I see things going is Marvel is an engine and it is firing on all cylinders right now and that is good because I'm enjoying all the films that it has put out so far and it is almost like a dream come true I though I would never get to see things that I have seen in the passed 6/8 years and Marvel somewhat started a revolution with their films and somewhat at this point they are all powerful and had nothing to fear until now because another engine is powering up and that engine is none other then DC and we have seen the first strike already in the form of Batman Begins which is considered by many to be the best Batman film ever. Now DC has the advantage in this fight because it has Warner Bros behind it and Marvel basically has no one Marvel is all on its own and that is probably the reason for this teaming with Paramount and what not so they can match the dollars that Dc has from the WB but in the end I believe that somewhere down the line Marvel will have one big failure a wrench thrown into their engine so to speak and that will be it and when that happens DC will take over and steal Marvel's thunder and spotlight and add it to their own.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Web_Slinger
    Well here is my view on thing in the Mighty world of Marvel

Captain America ( yes )

Avengers ( it all depends on which Avengers it will be )

Nick Fury ( maybe )

Black Panther ( yes )

Ant-Man ( NO )

Cloak and Dagger ( NO )

Dr. Strange ( yes )

Hawkeye ( maybe )

Power Pack ( HELL NO!! who though this was a good idea??? )

Shang-Chi ( NO )

Punisher II ( yes )

Fantasic Four 2 ( yes )

Hulk 2 ( yes )

Spider-Man 3 ( HELL YEAH!! )

X-Men 3 ( This has become a Maybe since Bryan Singer left)

Ghost Rider ( yes )

Iron Man ( yes )

Silver Surfer ( This is in the middle between NO and Maybe )

sequels getting a yes depends on whether or not the people involved in the previous films are in the follow ups.

Now the way I see things going is Marvel is an engine and it is firing on all cylinders right now and that is good because I'm enjoying all the films that it has put out so far and it is almost like a dream come true I though I would never get to see things that I have seen in the passed 6/8 years and Marvel somewhat started a revolution with their films and somewhat at this point they are all powerful and had nothing to fear until now because another engine is powering up and that engine is none other then DC and we have seen the first strike already in the form of Batman Begins which is considered by many to be the best Batman film ever. Now DC has the advantage in this fight because it has Warner Bros behind it and Marvel basically has no one Marvel is all on its own and that is probably the reason for this teaming with Paramount and what not so they can match the dollars that Dc has from the WB but in the end I believe that somewhere down the line Marvel will have one big failure a wrench thrown into their engine so to speak and that will be it and when that happens DC will take over and steal Marvel's thunder and spotlight and add it to their own.
    GHOST RIDER HELL YEA I TOTALLY LOVE THOSE COMICS AND spiderman would be good to as also punisher
    "Behind this mask is ideas and ideas my friend are bulletproof" Codename V