Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    i think he wanted to be that little boy in episode I. i can picture him doing that now. Jedi Master sitting a table whining, "But mom! They need my help!"
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I would digitally erase Epsiode 1 to 3.
    It would save all Star Wars fans years of aggrevation and everyone would be happy again.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy
    Which one? There were three different actors playing Anakin (not counting Darth Vader).

Episode I?

Episode II and 3?

Or Episode VI?
    All of them!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    I would digitally erase Epsiode 1 to 3.
    It would save all Star Wars fans years of aggrevation and everyone would be happy again.
    Tsk tsk tsk JP some of us did like episode 1 to 3. You diden't like epIII?

Credits
    u know what? I would love to see THE ORIGINAL CUT/RELEASE of original trilogi, as seen in cinemas in premiere. That is my dream. Does anywhere exist the original one, or is Lucas so f....g crazy that he has window after window remade it and hasnt kept save even one copy?!
    I love him for creating StarWars, but I hate him for doing such a bull.....ts!
    ok - release re-cut and re-CGI original trilogi on DVD, i still love it, even with so many changes....but GIVE US THE ORIGINAL THEATRICAL COPY OF STARWARS ON DVD AND THEN WE WILL BE LUCKY! What is so difficult on that? Ok, I agree with digital remastering, for it saved so many films and seems so amazing on DVD, but why not show us original SW?! Pleeaaaase George!! Are you ashamed for that, or what? I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THIS!
    Btw: I like new trilogi as it is...well, of course I would erase Jar-Jar...but thats only a child-wish
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Obi-Wan doesn't remember or recognize the droids C3PO and R2D2 in episode 4. Very weird after their adventures together in the first 3 movies....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    Tsk tsk tsk JP some of us did like episode 1 to 3. You diden't like epIII?
    I actually enjoyed most of episode 1 to 3 (3 being the best one).
    BUT... were they necessary?
    Did they add anything to episodes 4 to 6?
    If anything, in my opinion, they took away from 4 to 6.
    Which means, in the end, they were a mistake.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice2029
    Obi-Wan doesn't remember or recognize the droids C3PO and R2D2 in episode 4. Very weird after their adventures together in the first 3 movies....
    I've come to read that as one of his lies. In the original trilogy, Obi-wan lies to Luke numerous times. He forces Luke (no pun intended) to become active in his role to save Anakin instead of passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    I actually enjoyed most of episode 1 to 3 (3 being the best one).
    BUT... were they necessary?
    Did they add anything to episodes 4 to 6?
    If anything, in my opinion, they took away from 4 to 6.
    Which means, in the end, they were a mistake.
    I actually feel that they add quite a bit to Anakin's characterization. He does the things he does because he feels that he has no other future except with the Emporer. Sure, we get hints of that in VI, but III shows the full arc.

Plus, if the Padme scenes in III were re-integrated into the saga, it would showcase the beginning of the Alliance as being begun with Padme. It strengthens the entire family and generational dynamic that was missing in VI.
    Last edited by WorkShed; 11-08-2005 at 08:58 PM.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice2029
    If you watch the prequels, you will notice that Obi-Wan does not have a high regard for droids. He isn't against them, but he sees them as just tools (you see this especially in his conversations with Anakin about R2 in the beginning of 3). Add to that that R2-D2 looks just like any other astromech droid except for coloring, and C-3P0 looks a lot like many other protocol droids. I guess after 20 years it is easy to forget one droid for another. And quite frankly, you wouldn't expect droids that were sent off to another planet to suddenly turn up looking for you 20 years later.

Besides, all Obi-Wan said in 4 was that he didn't "remember owning a droid before." He never did own R2-D2. R2 was actually owned by Padme and on loan to Anakin, then given to Bail Organa, and finally to Capt. Antilles. And any other droids that Obi-Wan was associated with (R4, for example), was actually owned by the Jedi, not him.

What I want to know, though, is if R2 didn't get his memory wiped, why didn't he recognize Yoda in 5? You would think that a droid associated with the Jedi as much as R2-D2 was would recogize the head Jedi Master.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I don't think R2 is really that smart. What really bothers me about him was when Lucas decided to give R2 jet boosters in II. It makes that scene where he falls into the Dagobah lake in V completely unfathomable, considering he could have just flew over the lake instead of falling right in it. It also made R2 too much of a superhero type. He's just a robot.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkShed
    What really bothers me about him was when Lucas decided to give R2 jet boosters in II. It makes that scene where he falls into the Dagobah lake in V completely unfathomable, considering he could have just flew over the lake instead of falling right in it.
    Ah, but he wasn't trying to cross the lake. Luke already told him to stay there while he looked around. R2 merely fell in because the X-Wing suddenly settled and threw him off his balance. I don't think he had time to use the boosters before he fell in. And I doubt the jet boosters work under water.

Now, the scene in 6 where 3P0 and R2 "jump" off Jabba's sail barge... that is a different matter, unless he just wanted to stay with 3P0 and thought that sand would be soft landing.

Credits
    Hmmm i'm not the only Jedi Master here... some poeple here knows there Star Wars

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    Hmmm i'm not the only Jedi Master here... some poeple here knows there Star Wars
    well, in fact - I dont know any1 who doesnt.....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6
    well, in fact - I dont know any1 who doesnt.....
    I do. In fact, I know several people who have never seen any of the movies. And I know several others who think Luke Skywalker served on the starship Enterprise and that Darth Vader was Mr. Spock's father ("Isn't Spock half-human, half-Vader?"), but that is beside the point.

My sister-in-law, who claims to like science fiction, had never seen any of the SW films until about 4 years ago when I lent her my video copy of the original trilogy SE (which seems really surprising to me since she would have been about 20 when the first Star Wars came out). She watched my videos and thought they were "alright." She doesn't have a DVD player, and the only copy of the prequels I have is DVD, so she has never seen those.

Now, here is my question, not neccessarily about what I would change, but it is a similar topic. Let's say I invite one of my friends who has never seen Star Wars over to my house to watch all six movies. What order should I show them in? If I show them 1-6 to someone who has never seen the movies, the whole "I am your father" from V will not be a major revelation to the viewer (assuming they didn't know enough about Star Wars to already know that). The revealing of Yoda is also thrown off a bit. But then it seems silly, now that they are all done, to start with 4 and end in 3, especially since 3 had such a dark ending.

Credits
    Watch 4-6 first then 1-3. The way it was meant to be seen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast