Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Where does your user name come from?

I'll use this thread to find out where your screen name comes from. I've seen some pretty interesting names out there so I thought there should be a thread for everyone to post their reasoning behind their name.

I'll start with mine....

Kal-el is the Kryptonian birth name for Superman and seeing as how I'm a Superman fan, I chose that name for this forum.

And if you didn't know that, do us all a favor and shoot yourself in the head.
    Last edited by Kal-el; 10-21-2005 at 11:38 AM.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    I thought you were named Kal-El because you're a big Nicholas Cage fan and wanted to be his son! Just kidding, of course. Superman is the bee's knees.

I can't believe I just said that.

Moving on....

I got the name WorkShed from a cult favorite line in "Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn" where Bruce Campbell has a horrible line of ADR where he says "Workshed!" a little too loundly and it doesn't really match up with his lips at all.

I'm a campbell fan and recently saw him live in Iowa City promoting his new book "Make Love The Bruce Campbell Way" and film "The Man With The Screaming Brain."
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Mine is a combination of my initials and my nickname. I used it because I was tired of making up usernames that someone else already picked. So this nonsense combination works every time.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    The area where I live (the Sierra Nevada region of California) has a whole lot of granite - a type of rock
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

My nick: jmcc

My nick come from the initials of all my names and lastnames and there is no more mystery than that about this.

Credits
    Originally the name "jazzthieve" is the name I always use on many forums, jazzthieve is the name of a song by Depeche Mode, my favorite band. I shortened it to Jax because its much more simple and easy to pronounce.

Credits
    It comes from First Blood, it's the name of the green berets group Rambo was in at Vietnam.
    Last edited by Becker; 10-21-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Credits
    I'm a huge Disney fan and Chernabog is my favorite character. The ca is short for Canada.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I remember doing a thread about this some time ago...

Mine well... guess

Credits
    well lets see, I was sitting in my parlor one day after returning from a great journey of self discovery and finding my true path in life I sat there thinking of a way to strike fear in the hearts of the ones who do evil, I remember reading that "criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot" when just then a wayward bat crashed through the window and as it haplessly fluttered around the room I had gotten my insperation because as a man I'm flesh and blood I can be ignored I can be destroyed but as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting and so...I..um...whoops that is the wrong story. As for the story of the creation of my username is goes something like this....

Well I am a big Superman fan but when I joined the form there was like 2 or 3 other people with Superman related names and I did not want to be like the 4th person I in short did not want to do what everyone else was doing so I though of my second favorite character which is Spider-Man and well at times he is called the Web Slinger so I though that would be pretty cool to use and also I had this really kick *** pic of Venom that I wanted to use somewhere and being Venom is my favorite Spidey villian I though I would use it here. So in all it is kinda like Venom sticking it to Spider-Man (as he usually does) by calling himself the Web Slinger.
    Last edited by the_Web_Slinger; 10-21-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Credits
    Where does your user name come from?
    Made it up myself at a time when I thought someday I will become some editing superhero or superhero editor.

(Of course, I am of no relation to the editman software or to whoever selling that editman CD single on eBay. If you do a Google search, my profile on this Forum will most likely pop up first. )

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Enkydu (more commonly spelled "Inkidu") is Gilgamesh's best friends in "The Epic of Gilgamesh"

I have no particular love for the story or the character (actually, he's quite repulsive). I just thought that the name sounded and looked quite cool.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    my username goes allllllllll the way back to highschool days, when i was once misbehaving in chemistry class (jus so u kno my short nickname is Sid..and sumtyms ppl call me Sidz) and basically cuz i was messin around in class the teacher asked me to sit seperate away from every1else.. and becuz of dis i fell into a bit of a daydream... and da chemistry teacher was talking about ACIDS..and (all i heard was CID's) so stoopidly i thought the teacher was calling out my name so i stood up and shouted "yes sir?".. obviously made a bit of a fool outa myself!! lolz!! so erm yeah i made the obvious collaboration of the 2 words ACIDS and SIDZ, and erm ever since den its been on my msn messenger username (as some of u may already kno). and becuz of that.. that nicknames kinda stuck.

Credits
    Mine is really complicated....

My last name is Corfman. (if you still can't figure it out, replace the last three letters of my last name with the letter "y".)

It goes back to a nickname I picked up in elementary school. Not too many people call me that to my face anymore (i.e., "offline"), but that is my online persona.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I picked My name from my favorite Character from a book, Lestat DeLioncourt.
    From Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles.
    I have a thing for Vampires.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast