Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Smile Clooney is "Magnum, PI"

From imdb.com
    Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney will reportedly play TV private investigator Magnum PI in a big screen version of the 80s hit show. Pals of the actor say Clooney is desperate to take on the role made famous on the small screen by Tom Selleck between 1980 and 1988. They claim the mustachioed Magnum completes a "holy trinity" of roles Clooney has secretly coveted; "He's wanted to play three characters since he started acting - Danny Ocean in Ocean's Eleven, Hannibal in the A-Team and Magnum. He's had the A-Team movie in the works for a while now, so he's been chasing this one really hard." Hollywood sources say the film, which will begin shooting next year, will feature the brand new $800,000 Ferrari Enzo sports car in place of Magnum's classic Ferrari 308 Gts. But the identities of who will play Magnum's side-kicks Theodore 'TC' Calvin, Orville 'Rick' Wright and Jonathan Quayle Higgins III - played by Roger E Mosley, Larry Manetti and John Hillerman in the TV original - are being kept top secret. Manetti recently slammed plans to recreate the show without its original cast as "an outrage".

Credits
    Perhaps this will be the action movie we've been waiting for

BTW - A-Team movie?

Credits
    imo that's one of those remakes no one needs.
    i agree with manetti, that making a magnum movie without the original cast really sucks. something like charlie's angels works, because the original series had characters that were not that popular, the basic story of those 3 women solving cases was, so you can easily remake it with someone different. magnum worked mostly because of tom selleck. when people think of magnum they see him. casting someone else in that role can only end up bad.
    they could make a movie similar to magnum with g. clooney, but remaking the exact same thing sucks.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    maybe...i'm not a big fan of clooney. some of the movies he has made were ok (oh brother, ocean's 11) and some were just downright awful (batman). so it all depends.

but this is somethign that really doesn't need to be done. but then again, there are very few movies that need to be done. this is just another example of how hollywood has lost it originality.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    to be fair, Batman & Robin didn't suck because of Clooney. As for Magnum... I dunno. Never really followed the show.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    to be fair, Batman & Robin didn't suck because of Clooney.
    Maybe not, but he didn't do a whole lot to help it, either. Actually, now that I think about it, it is probably best to say that Batman and Robin didn't suck just because of Clooney. It sucked in many ways, Clooney was just one of them.

The Magnum role is perfect for Clooney. As he plays virtually the same personality in every movie and TV role since ER, this will fit right into his acting abilities. I agree, though, that a Magnum P.I. movie does not need to be made.

On a side note, best of luck to his father (Nick Clooney) who is running for Congress in Kentucky. I grew up watching Nick Clooney as the main TV anchorman of Channel 12 News in Cincinnati. Of course, Jerry Springer was also a TV news anchor in Cincinnati, only with Channel 5, but I like Nick Clooney a lot better.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Hmm, I didn't know that, I thought Springer was some sort of a psychologist but I'm not surprised

Credits
    Yeah, Springer has had a weird career. I first knew him as mayor of Cincinnati (he was involved in some type of money scandal), then he was an anchorman (he was famous for his commentaries after the news program, kinda like his wrapups at the end of his shows now if you ever watch them), then he got his own show, and he almost ran for state senator from Ohio, but when they did a poll on how he would do, he got the lowest rating since this poll company started doing polls on political candidates.

Credits

'Magnum P.I.' coming to big screen

More news on this:

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Rawson Marshall Thurber ("Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story") has signed on to write and direct the big-screen adaptation of "Magnum P.I.," the 1980s series that made Tom Selleck a star.

"Magnum P.I.," which ran on CBS from 1980 to 1988, followed the adventures of Thomas Magnum, a Navy intelligence officer-turned-private investigator hired by wealthy author and playboy Robin Masters to oversee security on the latter's massive Hawaii estate.

Magnum lived in Masters' guest house and drove his Ferrari (the car would become one of the show's signatures), much to the chagrin of Jonathan Higgins III, a proper Englishman who ran the estate.

Magnum also continued to take on cases in which he was aided and abetted by his Vietnam vet buddies, notably helicopter pilot T.C. and club manager Rick.

Thurber is not making a spoof but rather something akin to the tone of the show, which mixed humor and danger. The story line for the Universal Pictures film sees Magnum, with the help of his former military pals, searching for a missing buddy.

Features versions of such TV staples as "Charlie's Angels," "Dukes of Hazzard" and "Starsky and Hutch" have done well at the box office in recent years.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection