Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

China segregates humans and cartoons in TV and movies

CHINA (KP International) China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television has issued an order banning films and TV shows in which live-actors and cartoons appear together on screen.

"These human live-action, so-called animation pieces will not receive distribution or distribution licenses," said the order.

Projects that have already received a license will be allowed to continue but the cast of any future TV show or film must be either exclusively human or cartoon.

The segregation comes as an attempt to promote the development of cartoons in Mandarin and in doing so lowering the amount of foreign animation.

With CGI blockbusters like "King Kong" continuing to blur the reality/animation line, sticking to the policy could be easier said than done.

But this is not the first time China has enforced seemingly unusual bans on films. The 1995 children's movie "Babe" was reportedly forbidden from Chinese cinemas for fears that talking animals could confuse some viewers.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Web_Slinger
    The 1995 children's movie "Babe" was reportedly forbidden from Chinese cinemas for fears that talking animals could confuse some viewers.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01
    I totally agree.