Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Has anyone seen "Night of the Living Dead - Survivor's Cut"

Just a question but has anyone seen Night of the Living Dead - Survivor's Cut? The Romero film is one of my favorites and I even prefer it over Dawn. I saw it for the first time nearly 10 years ago (unfortunately I first saw it as the 30th Anniversary release with the added bits at the beginning and end but fell in love with it when it was released unaltered with the original music in the Elite Milennium Edition DVD).

I just heard about this new cut that someone put together (gotta love those public domain rights) of Night and I was wondering if anyone has seen it. If so, what's different?

http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    no, never saw it. Is this a fanmade cut? I'm still looking for the fanmade cuts of Terminator 3, Star Wars 1 Phantom Menace, and Batman & Robin. They look fun! :-)

Credits
    I really want to see The Phantom Edit. That sounded like a really good one.

Yes, Survivor's Cut is fanmade, yet because of public domain laws, the film is being distributed on DVD and can be bought from online retailers like Amazon. I think the film is a bad idea, but I haven't seen it.

j7wild Guest
    whew, for a moment there I thought they were gonna make me triple dip the Night of the Living Dead DVDs in my collection

Credits
    Still no one's seen this? That's too bad. I wanted to hear someone's opinion on it.

Credits

Survivors Cut, I've seen the advanced version

Actually, that DVD that you mentioned online was only a preview version, it's not the compilation that is being planned with NOTLD cohorts.

I have been in contact with Lachiusa since he first posted the demo online, and from what he says, the final movie is intended to generate proceeds for Romero and others that may be involved in some way.

Whether this means that they will endorse the film, or do a video-interview of some sort, I dont' know.

What I can say about Night of the Living Dead and remakes like the Survivors Cut is this:

At least the original, 1968 film is not locked up in some MGM vault, look at what ended up doing with "It's a Wonderful"...way to line the pockets of Hollywood moguls.

(Safe to say) I like the Survivor's Cut, I feel it's a salute to the greats. Whether you like the idea or not, at least its not just another cheap-release designed to make big distributors like Madacy more money