Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Angry Why are my Folder Icon Pictures disappearing?

I have an image customized for each folder just like you see in the following screenshot; but some of them are disappearing.

I will now have to find the image and then put them on there and after a few days or a couple of weeks, they disappear again.

How do you keep them from doing that?

Credits

j7wild's technical question

I have the opposite problem: folders still have an image that I have removed from it, even after I have used the secondary mouse button clic-refresh option method.

See this:

in this case, the 2 first folders are without those images around some weeks and it still have those pictures on it!

But I believe you put your question in the wrong section of the forum.

Another question: Is it possible to get password protected folders under Windows XP? I mean, a folder that no user (under no session) can access if he/she don't have the password.

This would be useful for me since I usually have GB of files on one or two cybercafés.

Credits
    j7 what happens to me is that when I access things using Real Player it downloads that "media library" thing and changes the pictures, does it all the time to my music folders, say if you just put a new album by the Rolling Stones into the Rolling Stones folder it might change it to the new album's cover.

jmcc, I use FolderLock to do that, you can password protect any folder in XP, or paste your files into "the vault" which is the default passworded folder. I stopped using it when my trial expired, perhaps there's alternative sources for the program.

Credits

T Y

Thanks, Jake. I'll study your info.

j7wild Guest
    I tried everything... I give up!!

Credits

Folder images...

The same happened to me and, realizing that this can be very complicated for such a small (but useful ) thing, I also give up. At least by now.