Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Doorman Strike threat! NYC in chaos

This is such a ridiculous story, starting tomorrow there will likely be a doorman strike in NYC

April 17, 2006 -- Apartment doormen and maintenance workers are set to strike Thursday at midnight if they can't get their piece of the city's real-estate pie in contract talks with building managers - and both sides say they're far apart on the main issues.

New York's real-estate boom ought to be worth something to building workers, say members of Local 32BJ, who are griping about management's proposals to freeze wages and start paycheck deductions for health insurance.

"They want to do cuts at the same time real estate is growing," said Chris Brady of Flushing, a lobby attendant at 115 E. 67th St. in Manhattan.

Everyone covered by the contract now earns a base salary of $37,300 a year, no matter how long they've been on the job. The workers also get fully paid health insurance, although there is a co-payment for doctors' visits.
    If you see this on TV, the doorman union is issuing threats that the residents will be lost without all the help, lol, meanwhile residents are saying "it's not like they do anything anyway"

hmmm, oh what will we do, so because of this I have to go to work early tomorrow because oh wow someone new has to look at my building entry badge, lmao

besides they make 37,000 and don't ever open the door for people so cut the crap, let them strike

on a separate note, the guy in charge of the MTA strike a few months back was sentenced to a week in jail, lmao, hope he gets raped for not letting the trains run!

Credits
    i thought they do the following

1.) Provide live security (bouncer so to say)
    2.) For posh effect!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak
    i thought they do the following

1.) Provide live security (bouncer so to say)
    2.) For posh effect!
    I think for the most part they are not there for security purposes.
    This is so dumb. I do not feel bad that the rich people of this great city may have to open their own doors and hail their own cabs.
    and I say again

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    looks like this didn't happen, people were scared and caved in to their demands lmao, this is one of those bang-the-head-against-the-wall moments

j7wild Guest
    All those idiotic Rich People couldn't get out of their houses or cars... LOL!!

NYC is a weird city indeed!!