Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

okay, so youv'e seen the latest summer movie trailers. . .

now that the summer movie trailers have been released. . (Teasers and Theatricals) what do you think of them?

i thought his might be a good time about what people expect in trailers and such. . is it the footage? the music? or something else?

Also, if this years marketing campaign showed too much footage, or little less footage. For example The mission Impossibe Trailers. . . i think i lost count of the times Tom Cruise gets blown away and crashes on to the car and the jet passes by. . .they used the same footage in almost all the trailers.

but its just an example. . .what do you think about these summer movie trailers?
    "Unlimited power of a life and death forever!"

Credits
    Thread moved to General Chatter - Movie Related.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    So far two of the best designed trailers for the summer are the X-men full trailer and Superman Teaser.

Music is key, I think, to most good trailers, in conjunction with proper editing. Timing is everything, a miscue messes up the whole flow of the trailer.

Another example of a good trailer following this line from years past was "Matrix Reloaded"
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite
    So far two of the best designed trailers for the summer are the X-men full trailer and Superman Teaser.

Music is key, I think, to most good trailers, in conjunction with proper editing. Timing is everything, a miscue messes up the whole flow of the trailer.

Another example of a good trailer following this line from years past was "Matrix Reloaded"
    I was astonished with the x-men trailer. it showed that the movie is going to have a great plot, story and action. they really didnt use the same footage that was used in the Teaser.

Superman Teaser was good except it didnt fit the wave of teaser trailers that were being released around that time.

x-men 3, potc 2, mission impossible 3, and poseiddon teasers were like. . . not teaserish compared to the superman teaser. those trailers had great music and were put together very well, as for the superman teaser. . it was more of showing a part and fading it out. . . and it was just slow.

Credits
    well, last year The Island & War of the World Trailers/Teaser blew me away. They had a very good amount of teasing footage and were perfectly cutted.

Trailers:

This year, I dont have this feeling. The only Trailer that caught my attention, was Silent Hill (but I´m a huge fan of the series). BUT, even this trailer wasnt that good. It showed too much. It nearly spoiled the whole opening.

The rest of the trailers are just ok.
    x-men 3 - maybe the best of all these average trailers, but misses "the hook", a shot, music or sequence or music that burns into your brain.
    pirates of the caribean 2 - good music, good cuts, good editing, but misses "the hook" , PotC1 trailer had it
    MI-3 - too fast cuts, too much boom & bang everywhere without a soul, watched and forgot about it
    the sentinel - way too much footage
    poseidon - very bad editing, bad music, everything bad about this trailer

thats it, any more "blockbusters"?

Teasers:

"The Omen" Teaser. Very refreshing new look and gets your attention from the first second. best teaser 2006 so far
    Superman - very good teaser, good music, but it could have been more powerfull
    x-men 3 - very good editing, new music that fits to the footage

I dont care if footage that is shown in a teaser is also used in the trailer. It all depends on how good the trailer was put together.