Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Credits
    J7, are you getting some competition?
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down Now this makes Absolutely No Sense Whatsoever !!

source: the internet

Keira Knightley was shocked and appalled when she found out that she had to pay a $4,000 IRS Tax bill on a goody bag worth $12,000 she received at a charity dinner.

The bag contained diamond earrings, a diamond necklace, a cashmere sweater and other luxury items.

A friend said: "Keira had no idea new US tax laws mean American-based celebrities have to pay tax on free gifts. That's why the Oscars committee are axing goodie bags."
    Eheheh! That's what these Spoiled Celebrities get! I mean, they are one of the few who can actually afford that crap and it's not right that they get it for free. However, I wouldn't turn down a free bag of diamonds either.

My question is:

wouldn't it make more sense to take that $12,000 and instead of buying goodies for the Celebrities, buy food and housing and education for the poor?

Is the IRS going to use the $4,000 tax money for the poor or are they going to squander it on pork bills?

Credits
    The thing is, nobody is paying $12,000... all the goodie bag stuff is 'donated' by companies as free publicity.
    If Keira Knightley is seen wearing Joe Smith earrings, Joe Smith earrings become more popular.

Credits
    Man, that sucks for them. Free gifts shouldn't need tax, imho.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Remember a couple years ago when Oprah gave out a free car to everyone in the audience? What they didn't mention on the show is that the people who got cars (who got cars because they needed a new car but couldn't afford them, that is why they were on the show to begin with) had to pay nearly $7,000 in income tax. You can buy a fairly nice used car for $7,000 (FTR, my used car cost $5,000).

Credits
    same thing and as stupid as Lotto in America is taxed too. But free gifts, are always a winner!

j7wild Guest

j7wild Guest

Red face

j7wild Guest

Red face

Credits
    is that a training bra she has on ?? uh, yeah...she definitely needs to increase her golden globes.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

j7wild Guest

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I must say, my dear Friends, that this whole conversation about Keira remember me one restaurant scene from Notting Hill...

j7wild Guest

Smile

j7wild Guest

Smile

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    As we can see, Keira doesn't need bigger Golden Globes. She doesn't need even bra (first picture on the left and in the middle down).

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast