Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Spring Heeled Jack - New Screenplay

Hello everyone.

I wanted to see samples of this script also as many people were saying the first few scenes were on the net and were brilliant but then someone said the site has been closed down. I also found there was a site called Script Swap (http://www.screenwritersutopia.com/script_swap/) I saw on here there was a screenplay of Spring Heeled Jack here which must be what people are talking about (written by chrisollie) but you need to be a member to view it.
    Oh well I agree with all the other posts that this idea could be really good, I think it should be a full on horror affair not some dumb fantasy picture, there are too many of these.

Credits

Spring Heeled Jack

This is really a surprise for me. I have read about Spring Heeled Jack since years ago. Just let me to say that Spring Heeled Jack is more than a fictional character. The documents from that time (1800s) tell us about a strange being, never explained until now (from the wikipedia article linked below):

A considerable number of contemporary press reports are reprinted in an article by Mike Dash in Fortean Studies 3 (1996), pp. 7-125.
    A description from our days, from altereddimensions.net:

Spring Heeled Jack - was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus? During the 1830's, this 'man' terrorized England. Described as tall, thin, powerful, wearing a black cloak, the man could jump 20 to 30 feet vertical. It was reported that he had large pointy ears and nose, with red glowing eyes, and capable of spitting an odd white and blue flame from his mouth.
    The Spring Heeled Jack story is very similar to the Mothman appearances (do you remember The Mothman prophecies 2002 movie?). If any wants to do that, you can compare both stories and you will find the similarities. There are also more incidents with this same structure... very curious. It is also a thing to notice that both phenomena have the same structure that the UFOs manifestations (UFOs were sighted in Point Pleasant at the same time as the Mothman, with another strange things)...

Now, from wikipedia I can see that there are comics using the name of the mysterious being. So maybe I can understand why things go to be converted in legends with the pass of time. Maybe in the next century the Mothman and UFOs will be considered a legend too, as now some people is thinking about Spring Heeled Jack (as some cowards wanted in 1800s and even now)...

Here are two interesting links: wikipedia and altereddimensions.net

About a movie about Spring Heeled Jack, on imdb.com I have found nothing. Only this: 1, 2, but is not related with the things said by Daniel Finnes here. Which is your source, Daniel Finnes?
    Last edited by jmcc; 06-06-2006 at 10:09 AM.

Credits

Spring Heeled Jack Screenplay

Well JMCC, I am a member of some writing forums and someone told me that this screenplay had been written. I just wanted to know how accurate and near the truth it was compared to the actual legend.
    I've been told the script is on the Script Swap website available for review, but I havn't managed to read it yet.
    I also found the full synopsis from the same writers on the inktip website at: http://www.inktip.com/searchbywriterid2.php and click View Synopsis.

Credits

Spring Heeled Jack answer

Thank you for your attention, Daniel Finnes. First of all I want to say that I didn't want to appear to be demanding something. Maybe the last words of my previous post seemed to be like an exigency. That is not the case, so sorry.

Also, I forgot to say you hello in my previous post, so sorry again.

About your info, is interesting. I can't check it now because it seems that I need to register first in inktip.com, and then I will be able to see your link. I can't do it now, but I will do it in these days.

In the past days I was thinking in what you have said here and I get this impression: a movie around Spring Heeled Jack can be very similar to V for Vendetta (even the country is the same...) Look at this image from wikipedia:

Another thing: I am not sure what you have said here:

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Finnes
    I just wanted to know how accurate and near the truth it was compared to the actual legend.
    Maybe is my limited English. If you have said what I am believing, then I will share with you another impression: a key to understand the Spring Heeled Jack real story, and others, can be found in Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis (wikipedia link).

One last thing with no connection to the theme: Daniel Finnes, I write my screen-name with no capital letters, so JMCC and Jmcc are not correct uses of my screen-name. I write jmcc and I hope people will write it the same as I, because the last is me

Thanks again and be fine

Credits
    Well Hi from then and now!
    Well if you want more info I am happy to post here what I know regarding Spring Heeled Jack. I have managed to track down the full synopsis at the bottom of this message for the screenplay. It is long but you will get a full understanding of the screenplay that way! It does look as though the writers have included all the history and been very faithful to the legend here so I think it looks very good.
    I have not seen V for Vendetta but I have read reviews/synopsis on this. I will say that although the theme for V is vaugely similar I can see how SHJ can work well on it's own merits.
    What I meant by my previous comment 'I just wanted to know how accurate and near the truth it was compared to the actual legend.' before I read the synopsis I wanted to know how accurate the script would be to the actual legend of SHJ. Now I have read it I would say it was very accurate.
    Anyway, thats all for now. Cheers and all the best

Dan
    Synopsis of Spring Heeled Jack - Screenplay

The story is based on actual events that took place in 1840s London where the legend of SPRING HEELED JACK first began. According to legend, Spring Heeled Jack would attack people without reason. He is said to have been able to breathe fire and leap to incredible heights.
    THE MAYOR OF LONDON declares Spring Heeled Jack to be a public menace and brings a task force together to put a stop to him. However, the Mayor has a secret wager with the MARQUIS OF WATERFORD and is terrified that he’ll be exposed. The Mayor holds a meeting with Waterford, accuses him of being Spring Heeled Jack and urges him to end the wager.
    Spring Heeled Jack himself makes an appearance at the mansion of the DUKE OF WELLINGTON during a banquet. Wellington’s daughter CHARLOTTE is grabbed and assaulted. Waterford intervenes and saves the day, but to Wellington’s own humiliation.
    The Mayor later asks Waterford about Spring Heeled Jack. This time Waterford tells him the truth about how Spring Heeled Jack is his double, a Doppelganger that he’d created to carry out their wager. Meanwhile further attacks take place.
    Spring Heeled Jack makes yet another attack at the Wellington mansion, but is chased out into the streets.
    Spring Heeled Jack makes his escape, leaving Waterford to be caught and sent to prison. Wellington reluctantly gets him out of prison to help stop Spring Heeled Jack once and for all. He and Charlotte then learn of Waterford’s secret. The tension between Wellington and Waterford increases.
    They come up with another plan to capture Spring Heeled Jack, but it goes horribly wrong and Waterford decides that the only way to stop Spring Heeled Jack is to contain him within the strong confines of his cellar where they fight to the death.
    Wellington is partly to blame for the death of Waterford as he could have intervened.
    A few years go by and Charlotte returns to Waterford’s abandoned mansion. She wants to give Waterford a proper burial. With the help of some trusted old soldiers, she manages to get Spring Heeled Jack into a reinforced crate. The crate is entrusted to TERRY LOCKHURST whose job it is to load it aboard a ship bound for America. While at sea, he has to push the crate over the side of the ship into the ocean. Terry never gets the chance. Halfway across the Atlantic, curiosity gets the better of some of the crew and Spring Heeled Jack breaks free.

Credits

Spring Heeled Jack answer 2

I have not seen V for Vendetta but I have read reviews/synopsis on this. I will say that although the theme for V is vaugely similar I can see how SHJ can work well on it's own merits.
    Yes, I can see it. What you have published is interesting. Any ideas on any dates for this project?

What I meant by my previous comment 'I just wanted to know how accurate and near the truth it was compared to the actual legend.' before I read the synopsis I wanted to know how accurate the script would be to the actual legend of SHJ. Now I have read it I would say it was very accurate.
    Now I understand your comment. But Spring Heeled Jack was never captured.

The story of Spring Heeled Jack is different from anything related with V for Vendetta, I was only supposing how the comic could be done and, so, a possible movie.

I want to quote this (again from the same article on wikipedia):

At the following interrogation by the authorities, the child claimed that he had noticed what a significant piece of evidence: as Spring Heeled Jack was turning his back at him, he observed that he had a golden embroidered letter "W" on his shirt beneath the black cloak, much like a coat of arms.
    I don't remember this detail from my previous readings on this subject. A new thing discovered thanks to wikipedia.

I have found this page now, looking for info about Spring Heeled Jack: Cult Cinema Productions, it has no relation with a possible movie.

(source)

Credits
    I'm afraid I don't know any dates for this project. I guess this is up to the production company attached to it. I will certainly try and find out on this though and let you know.
    Yes you are quite right on the fact that SHJ was never captured. Although I think that once the film is made a lot of people (in the film) would be after him looking to capture him, and I think it's good that he does escape at the end thus retaining the mystery.
    I wonder what the golden embroidered letter "W" stands for on his shirt. Interesting.
    Thanks again.

Credits

Angry

What the hell??? When in the blue hell did this start??
    whoever is developing a Spring Heeled Jack movie stole my mutha idea!! I personally learned about the history and character of Spring Heeled Jack in the early to mid 90s and ever since then I have been toying with the idea of turning it into a film because I though the character was interesting and well down right fascinating as well as the events surrounding him and though it would be great to work on a screenplay for the film. I put the project on "the shelf" for a couple of years do to my involvement in other projects that had to be dealt with at that time but have come back to the Spring Heeled Jack idea and for the passed say 3 years I have been working on it off and on in hopes to get it finished but seeing all this is very disheartening.

Credits
    The official site is below. I asked about the production from there from a section at the bottom and got sent release dates and production info. Very interesting.

www.springheeledjackthemovie.com

Credits

S H J

Thank you, Daniel. I will follow this info and movie.

Credits
    No one has heard anything new about this supposedly projected movie?

Two sites with old info:

horror.com - iofilm.co.uk

Credits

The Bones of Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Finnes View Post
    Hello everyone.

I wanted to see samples of this script also as many people were saying the first few scenes were on the net and were brilliant but then someone said the site has been closed down. I also found there was a site called Script Swap (http://www.screenwritersutopia.com/script_swap/) I saw on here there was a screenplay of Spring Heeled Jack here which must be what people are talking about (written by chrisollie) but you need to be a member to view it.
    Oh well I agree with all the other posts that this idea could be really good, I think it should be a full on horror affair not some dumb fantasy picture, there are too many of these.
    Here is another twist on Springheeled Jack. Please check it out. The Bones of Jack is about a chimney sweep and rat catcher who find the remains of the infamous villain.