Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Indiana Jones IV, Indy 4) (pt 2)

Geroge Lucas talked to MTV about the new Indiana Jones movie and also about the upcoming Star Wars OOT on DVD. Here's the link and here's the copy/paste version:

George Lucas Says Indiana's Next Crack Of The Whip Will Be Tamer

George Lucas is looking for a lot more than just fortune and glory these days.

Contrary to how Hollywood usually hypes its blockbusters, the writer/producer says Indiana Jones' next adventure actually won't be any louder, bigger or faster than his last one. In fact, if Lucas gets his way (hint: he usually does), the Jones sequel will prize dialogue over decibels.

"I think Tom Cruise proved that people are getting bored with that kind of stuff," Lucas said Monday at a Jazz at Lincoln Center dinner celebrating Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people. "What they want to see is something different. And 'Indiana Jones,' if nothing else, is always different."

And Lucas is, if nothing else, reliably vague. He's not yet ready to give up the treasure trove of what lurks in the plot for the first "Indiana Jones" movie since 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," except to say the script is finally done and the flick will "probably" start shooting next year.

"We're working on it, we're working on it," Lucas said. "We've been working on it for 10 years. I think it'll be a great film, but it's completely different. It's still got a lot of action, and it's still very funny. I think it works like crazy."

Lucas added that he's still working on his "Star Wars" 3-D theatrical project as well, but when asked when it might come out, he laughed. "I don't know!" he said. "Eventually. We're working on that technology, seeing if we can get that to work out."

Until then, he says he's curious to see what the reception will be for the upcoming limited-edition DVD release of the three original "Star Wars" films. "It's just the original versions, as they were," Lucas said. "We didn't do anything to it at all. But we're not sure how many people want that."

You might say quite a few, considering how many fans were angered by the digitized, expanded updates of episodes IV, V and VI. Lucas claims he's not re-releasing the originals to appease fans, but rather to bate them. "Now we'll find out whether they really wanted the original or whether they wanted the improved versions," he said. "It'll all come out in the end."
    Well, we are waiting...

j7wild Guest
    I think Harrison is going to end up in a wheelchair or die first before Indiana Jones 4 even starts filming.

I am not holding my breath!!

He shouldn't use MI-3 as a guideline; the reason MI-3 is flopping is not because of the movie, it's because of the star's behaviour in his personal life.

Guess Lucas doesn't pay attention to the news!!

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Some news from Steven Spielberg interview:

Indiana Jones will wrap in two days.
    Indiana Jones is shot on film not digital, he is old school, and Spielberg would be the last person to shoot on digital.
    Harrison Ford does all his stunts and that Harrison Ford’s stunts now are no different than what Harrison did on the last three Indy films. He was that good and he is in great shape for a 64 year old.
    Spielberg felt that REDs (the Russian villains) are as a good a villain as were the Nazis in the Indiana Jones films.
    The poster for the film will be done by Drew Struzan.

j7wild Guest
    no more Nazis? why?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    no more Nazis? why?
    The story is set after 1945 and so, no more Nazis.

j7wild Guest
    Those Nazis made the 1st and 3rd Indy Films fun!!

Credits
    Those Nazis made the 1st and 3rd Indy Films fun!!

Well that's what the Soviets are for.

j7wild Guest

Talking

maybe this movie will be the one to finally beat Titanic unbeaten record of $600 million U.S. Gross and $1.8 Billion Worldwide Gross?

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    maybe this movie will be the one to finally beat Titanic unbeaten record of $600 million U.S. Gross and $1.8 Billion Worldwide Gross?

No way.

Maybe 400 million domestic and 1 billion worldwide. No more.

Credits
    Just drop to say hi! and post some cooool pictures on Indy

Credits
    Already posted here. Sorry, I didn't know this thread was over here.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Wooo check this out

Official poster for Indy4

Credits
    Seeing as its a teaser poster I'll forgive it for not giving off that 'awesomeness' vibe that Struzan's posters normally give off.

Credits
    New pics (including Cate Blanchett!):

Credits
    Lol that last pic looks like the warehouse where they put the Arc from Raiders!

I'm gonna go see it but fighting Nazis is so 1980s. :-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast