Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Smile Star Trek Legacy is absolutely Beautiful !!

New game coming out for the PC and XBox 360 later on this year!!

I played Starfleet Command 2 and 3 and Klingon Academy and I am a great fan of the Star Trek games; this is going to be fantastic!!

http://startrek.bethsoft.com/games/legacy-overview.html

There is a trailer at:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...464&id=6152464

Lead your task force of warships to victory as the Admiral of the fleet. Star Trek: Legacy tests your strategic and tactical skills in real-time combat featuring authentic spaceships, full damage modeling, and spectacular visual effects. Spanning the entire Star Trek Universe, including the Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise eras, battle your way through graphically stunning space environments in either single player or multiplayer mode.

Single Player
    The Federation is at war and you are in command. Develop your strategy, assemble the fleet, and fight the most decisive battles in Starfleet history

Multiplayer
    Command multiple warships from the Klingon, Romulan, Borg, and Federation fleets in massive battles. Engage in isolated battles or large-scale wars spanning several star systems. Victory in battle will be the result of careful planning, proper use of resources, solid execution, and luck. Choose from a large variety of ships from the entire Star Trek cannon to construct your fleets.

Key Features

Spans the entire Star Trek Universe
    The Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. It's all here for you to control.
    Real time Starfleet combat
    Engage in large-scale combat with dozens of warships fighting simultaneous battles across vast sections of space.
    Dynamic three-dimensional battlefields
    Beautiful space environments filled with fully realized nebulas, wormholes, planets, and stars. Intuitive controls allow you to quickly select targets and destinations in 3D space.
    Detailed weapon effects and damage modeling
    Weapons searing with energy and charged shields that surge with every hit. Ships with full damage modeling that break apart, strewing debris and sparks.
    Customizable fleets, ships and captains
    Victories earn Command Points, which are used to personalize your fleet, ships, and captains.
    Single player Federation campaign
    Spanning three full epochs (Enterprise, The Original Series, and The Next Generation).
    Robust multiplayer with full Xbox Live support
    From small-scale engagements to full out war involving multiple star systems. Matchmaking, stat tracking, and player rankings on Xbox Live.
    Over sixty ships and four playable races
    From small scouts and light cruisers to fearsome battleships. Command the powerful fleets of the Federation, Klingon, Romulan, and Borg races. All beautifully rendered with the latest technology

BTW, here's the first Star Trek game I'd ever played on a PC (1983 Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I):

http://www.ifiction.org/games/play.p...=253&mode=html

Credits
    The only Star Trek games I've played recently are Armada and Elite Force 2.

I did take a few peaks at Fleet Command 3 though.

Always love the Borg. Such a cool race. Whenever I use them, it feels like I have an unfair advantage. In the trailer, I a starfleet sovereign class ship going up against 4 borg diamonds. That should be interesting.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

j7wild Guest
    I'd never played Armada and Elite Force; when those games came out I was still using an old computer which couldn't support them.

Now I have a powerful gaming computer and I don't have those games.

I get this game I am going to start with the Enterprise NX (from Enterprise) and work my way all the way to Voyager and the Defiant...

then I am going on to the next race (Klingon first, then Romulan, then Borg, etc etc) and on and on and on until I have finished the game under every race.

to be honest, after watching the Star Trek movies and tv series and playing the games, I think Federation Starships are crap compared to the Romulans or the Klingon's.

A couple of hits, shields are down, engines are shot, impulse engines nacelles are leaking plasma, etc etc

Furthermore, those Federation Weapon and Tactical Officers can't think for themselves: they wait for the Captain or the First Officer to tell them to lock phasers or load photon torpedoes.

If I was the Weapon officer on a Federation starship and I see an enemy ship (especially one that took first blood), I will open fire on it until there is nothing left of it!!

Credits
    Romulans have always had a huge advantage in any fight. Cloaking is just so cheap.

I've never been too impressed by the Klingons though. They seem to borrow technology from everyone else. And their ships always look rickedy, like they're going to fall apart.

As for the Borg, its too bad that they have to be neutered for games. At Wolf 359, one cube took on 39 Federation starships and won. It was only beaten because of a cheap shut-down order. The ability to adapt to any weapons after a short time, and repair most damage very quickly would be too cool in a game.