Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: What will be the better?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • HD-DVD

0 0%
  • Blu-ray

2 28.57%
  • I don't know. I will wait to see it.

5 71.43%
    Credits

Blu-ray Disc - an official site, opinions

From one ad in ML I got the next URL: blu-raydisc.com

I just want to know what do you think about both formats: Blu-ray and HD-DVD. From my readings I have the impression that Blu-ray is the better format. I have read, for example, that in the future we will have 100 GB discs on this format and now, from this site, I found this:

Capacity could be increased as additional layers are added – there have been announcements of 100 GB (4 layer) discs and Sony has been conducting laboratory work with a 200 GB disc.
    What do you think?

Credits
    Since the begining I vote for BR. HDDVD has better compatibillity, but I dont give a ...... bout it, I want more space for more extras/better video/audio!
    The problem is prize and prize of players/writers/empty media, where HDDVDs are much cheaper - and thats what people gets cought on, they dont go after quality that much as after low prices.
    I am afraid that this is gonna end like VHS/BCAM. Sometimes I hate those people because of whom we get lower Q...
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    I am not giving up my DVD player and DVD recorder; I think they can serve me for many more years to come!!

As a matter of fact, I am going to go out and buy a couple more players and just keep them in storage.

Credits
    Well I read through the FAQ as well as other points of interest on the site and it does seem like a pretty badass thing. but, I'm the type of person to see how it will work out in the real world before making any discisions.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6
    Since the begining I vote for BR. HDDVD has better compatibillity, but I dont give a ...... bout it, I want more space for more extras/better video/audio!
    The problem is prize and prize of players/writers/empty media, where HDDVDs are much cheaper - and thats what people gets cought on, they dont go after quality that much as after low prices.
    I am afraid that this is gonna end like VHS/BCAM. Sometimes I hate those people because of whom we get lower Q...
    Well I don't know about everyone else, but for me paying the rent on time is FAR more important than having a few extra documentories on a single disk. You'll still be able to get lots of extra features on a 2 disk HDDVD set at a fraction of the price of that 1 Blueray disk you know.

Either way, I wont be upgrading my DVD player for at least another 5 (maybe even 10 years) so that the players/software can drop in price and I can guage if it's worth upgrading. If one of these formats beats out DVD in the same way that DVD beat out VHS then great, but if it ends up just another laser disk then why would I spend that money?

Credits
    yes, but you can hold much higher quality of video of movie on one BR than on one HD DVD or neither two of´em. That was my point. I prefer quality.

Credits

Poll

Poll added.