Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs up 17 Beers and 4 Large Pizzas a day will keep the Doctor away !!

This is good news:

Associated Press:
    Beer ingredient can help fight prostate cancer 49 minutes ago

For many men, a finding by Oregon researchers is a dream come true:

an ingredient in beer seems to help prevent prostate cancer, at least in lab experiments. The trouble is you'd theoretically have to drink about 17 beers a day for any potential benefit. And no one's advising that.

Researchers at Oregon State University say that the compound xanthohumol, found in hops, inhibits a protein in the cells along the surface of the prostate gland. The protein acts like a switch that turns on a variety cancers, including prostate cancer.

Dr. Richard N. Atkins, CEO of the National Prostate Cancer Coalition, said the experiments are encouraging and "perhaps men could take it in pill form someday."

He noted an ingredient in tomatoes, lycopene, has previously been linked to prostate cancer prevention.

"It's every man's dream to hear that beer and pizza can prevent cancer," he said. "However, the 17 beers and four large pizzas needed to get enough xanthohumol and lycopene to help prevent prostate cancer is unfortunately not advised."

Atkins noted that drinking 17 beers a day can lead to alcoholism and cirrhosis of the liver, and overdoing it on pizza can lead to obesity and other health problems.

"Food, no matter how helpful it may be, is not a full preventive for prostate cancer," he said.

Screw unadvisable, I am willing to give it a try!!

Credits
    Okay, but with a regular diet like this one would probably die of a heart attack or kidney failure before his pecker gets wasted away. (Apology to be blunt. )

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    theresīs only one way how to fight prostate cancer - have a LOTS and LOTS of SEX!! Ha!
    Me angry! Whereīs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6
    theresīs only one way how to fight prostate cancer - have a LOTS and LOTS of SEX!! Ha!
    yes!!