Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    j7wild Guest

Smile Italia WINS the World Cup !!

We Won!! We Won!! We Won!!

France deserved to lose; their team Captain Zidane head butted an Italian Player when the game was timed out by the referee during a foul.

Zidane walked in front of the Italian player distancing himself, then he turn around and charged toward him and head butted him in the chest knocking him to the ground.

Zidane was expelled from the game and just for the record, he did the same thing in a World Cup Game against Saudi Arabia 8 years ago.

France is a useless country; they cannot win a war (world war I, world war II, Indo China which was Vietnam);

they always vote against the U.N., they do not support the Iraq War after everything the USA and the world has done for them and they cannot even win a soccer game without playing fairly.

This entire world cup tournament, France has been guilty of more dirty playing and red cards than any other team.

Credits
    Enjoy the victory but don't turn this into a anti-French tirade. You mention Vietnam, well the US didn't exactly do any better there either. The war in Iraq we've all come to learn was a farce and France was not the only country to vote against it. Besides, didn't France help the US win the Revolutionary War?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Easy j7wild! I'm with Italy, but stop attacking France. It's only football...

Credits
    It amazes me that someone can become so brainwashed by their goverment in a "free" country.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaumont
    It amazes me that someone can become so brainwashed by their goverment in a "free" country.

Why do you assume that he is brainwashed? So he doesn't like France, why would "this country" be at fault? Why don't the British like the French? Think about that. Are they brainwashed as well?

People's opinions are their own and not their government's. I for one do not share his sentiment and while I don't "like" France I'd take it over about 190 of 202 sovereign countries on the planet.

France lost because they were the worse team. Their penalty shot was a joke. Their goalie was probably the least talented of the final 8 team's goalies, and Zidane screwed his team by not being in the penalty shots over something so ridiculously stupid.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    France lost because they were the worse team.

U cant have seen the match. France was way, way better. True that their goalie was not as good as the italian. But but the penalty kicks only got to 5-3. Probably 5-4 if france had gotten the chance to do their last. Its only 1 goal difference. And it was a close one at that.

Even with the unfortunate (but fair) red card on Zinidan. France outplayed Italy 10-11. For the last 40 minutes it was totally france game. They just didn't have any luck. Which U need.

Italy won cuz they got REAL lucky. But in the history book they dont mention luck, so nice for them. But if there had been any fairness in who wins. France would have won.

Credits
    I beleive France deserved the win they were clearly the better team today more chances of goal and better tactics while Italy started defending the whole game usual italian style after there first goal.
    "Constantly strive to become stronger!"-Jet Li (Fearless)

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane
    Italy started defending the whole game usual italian style
    O yeah! Cattenacio all the way!

Credits
    Such a shame for a great player to walk off his last pitch because of a red card.

though I dont blame the ref for the red card that was completely unacceptable.

Credits
    Congrats to Italy. Enjoy the next 4 years and then give it back to Germany 2010.

Credits
    altho his headbutt was unacceptable... we need to know what it was that the italian player said to him that angered him... cuz it seemed like he was asking for it...
    just like ronaldo asked for the push by rooney!

throwing offence on the pitch is just stupid and shud equally be punished as throwing the offence purely done to fume up the players anger neways... so they shudnt act so suprised wen they get knocked over.

Credits
    what Guamont just sed is very true. Italy may have the title but France totaly dominated the game!

Credits
    France's only goal came from a penalty kick that shouldn't have been a penatly. Italy scored one legitimate goal and another one (deemed off-sides). France deserved to lose IMO.

As far as the tournament goes you can't say France was a good team.

Italy amassed 7 points with a 5-1 goal differential in the group stage while France only won ONE game and was only 3-1.

Add to that the fact that Italy beat Germany 2-0 while France only beat Portugal 1-0. Afterwards Germany crushed Portugal proving that Italy defeated a far more difficult opponent.

oh and wait, if that wasn't enough France scored their ONLY 2 goals in the last two rounds from penalty kicks.

Credits
    Germany also dominated semifinal, but last 2 minutes was italian. That's football. No matter, who plays brilliant. Italy was great, because they've shot one more penalty, but most important is... they've shot goal AFTER France. It's very difficult with French team.

Credits
    How the teams did prior to the finally doesn't matter. If Italy was so much better than France as u say Jake. They would have but up a better game at the finale. They didn't. France deserved the Gold cuz of how they played in the Final. Italy deserved to advence through the group stage cuz of how they played there. But they got REALLY lucky in the semi, and they got really lucky again in the finale. Italy won cuz they got the centimeters on their side this time around. Some team gotta be luckier than the others. This time it was Italy, and it carried them all the way. But not cuz they were the better team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast