Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: lebanon

Credits

lebanon

I do not wan't to get political but I have to

Check out Israel's over-reaction to Hiz-Bollaah sorry bout any wrobg spelling but i hate this completeley cut it out please

re-editited by graham
    you please help me to stop it
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

j7wild Guest
    I am gonna get Political and I don't care about Political Correctness or any BS like that!!

Hezbollah militants struck firstwhen they crossed the border into Israel and abducted two soldiers:

Israel has the right to defend herself.

This is not any different than if Canadians or Mexicans soldiers (no offence intended) crossed the borders into the U.S., abducted two U.S. soldiers and the U.S. is retaliating with Military force (both Air and Ground) until those two U.S. soldiers are returned dead or alive.

All these other countries (Iran, Syria,) and Al-Qaeida saying that this is once again the work of the great Satan country the United States and George Bush is a totally ignorant statement;

which further proves that Iran and Syria supports the Hezbollah militants who are Terrorists hence Iran and Syria support terrorism.

Israel is in the middle east all by itself against Arab countries that are just waiting to devour it;

of course she has to be military ready for anything and not hesitate to use her military power to defend its national security.

I think it's time for the Oil Producing Arab Countries in the region to understand that if it weren't for the Oil, they would be nobody and 2,000 years later, they have not made any progress whatsoever compared to the rest of the world (Europe, North and South America, China, India, Japan, Russia, etc).

When it comes down to it, they are just a group of countries who do not hesitate to kill their own people, their neighbors and exercise terror on the rest of the world.

The rest of the world should start digging and produce its own oil and stop depending on the Arabs.

The Arabs know that the world depends on them for the oil so they act criminal and high and mighty on one side and on the other side, they use the word of Allah, Islam and the Koran to kill innocent westerners.

The same westerners whose money have brought prosperity and political and economical power to their countries; without it, they would still be in the stone age.

Opec is not any different than a monopoly which is illegal; if AT&T or Verizon Wireless were to monopolize phone service, they will be prosecuted by the U.S. government.

I think Opec should be prosecuted too for monopolizing the oil industry.

The Arabs should watch their steps with Israel because Israel is not afraid to use Nuclear Weapons to protect themselves;

if they do, I won't shed one single tear!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    The Arabs should watch their steps with Israel because Israel is not afraid to use Nuclear Weapons to protect themselves;

israel would make the terrorists all over the world happy, if they use nukes.
    i think the torrorist-leaders pray for israel to nuke some arabic country.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    I am gonna get Political and I don't care about Political Correctness or any BS like that!!
    use Nuclear Weapons to protect themselves;

Its this kind of uneducated black or white view thats makes the world think that USA is a country full of morons.

Israel are acting insanely. Just last night they murdered 60+ ppl, most of them children. And this AFTER then had agreed on a 48 hour cesefire so that civilians could evacuate. This has nothing to do with protecting themself. Its about abusing power. Even the US gov who over the years always have supported Israel in their State Terrrorism are begining to faulter in their support for Israel on this instant.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    They are all insane, I blame the UN for not taking out Hezbollah when they were suppose to. Israel is just making it harder for the rest of us with their bombing runs, (one which has killed a Canadian who was with the UN) the tragic deaths of those children, will only enrage arabs (from that area) more, and Im not saying that we should be afraid of them and do whatever they say so we dont upset them but we are not winning hearts and minds.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits

Israel

I believe there is no State Terrorism on Israel's reactions over the years. Its neighbors want to see Israel destroyed, so Israel do strong attacks to them every time they can. Arabs are problematic people, I frankly believe. Israel is destroying Lebanon because they know perfectly that Lebanese people will do almost nothing to combat Hezbollah. The same is for Hamas in Palestine.

So, Hezbollah and others are doing the things they are doing. I believe the reaction is not oversized: Israel is fighting for its people. What I frankly believe is that there are persons in the world that want to rest in their homes without worring about nothing more than pleasures and food and things like that, so it is easy for them to ask Israel to give their country to the Arabs. There are persons in the world to whom you simply can't speak or anything, and the Arabs maybe are the first on that classification, I think.

I don't like to see people's lives/houses destroyed, that's true. But I believe Israel is being asphyxiated by its neighbors and things will be bad always with them, and even worse if Israel does nothing.

Israel is perfectly aware, according to what I have read in the press, that Iran is behind this new movements in the Middle East. Iran has accumulated a significant military force and is trying to reach nuclear technology. Also, Iran is doing verbal attacks against Israel every time they can, like the affirmations about the WW2 Holocaust. Too, Iran is looking even to its neighbors like potential invaded countries, being the Iranians the invaders, to take control, in a way or another, of their resources.

Iran is also taking control of Irak's internal affairs, and this is happening with the American Army placed in that country (What will happen then if the US Army comes back to its country?, a question not related with this thread).

Israel have the experience, from the Suez crisis, that even the United States can not support them in their efforts, so they are moving basicly over their own resources. About Europe, sure thing they will ask European help, specially on the diplomatic effort, but not much more. Europe, after WW2 at least, has emitted an image of notorious military incapacity that I believe is worldwide received, and the word often used about Europe and international problems is complacence (and maybe there are exceptions and maybe is one of the factors that made Iran so unworried about its actions).

Of course that they will ask for support to its Allies, but they are aware that maybe they will get nothing, I think.

Also another thing important for me is that Israel is a working country and the Arabs are countries that live basicly from their oil. Israel has make its way from underdevelopment to first world class almost alone, converting deserts into culture fields and making their own weapons, some of them very good. Also their technology advances are noticeable. The fact that the Arab countries are not capable of doing the same is an important factor on this problem, increased by their culture and the way they react to situations.

Israel maybe can get involved in a situation like the one lived by South Africa when in the 70s they alone faced the Soviets, the Cubans and their African neighbors in various military fronts over the years without almost any assistance from outside... and they resisted, as far as I know.

Nuclear implications: Of course, the nuclear side of the problem. For years the world has suspected that Israel was being developing nuclear devices, being one of its Allies precisely South Africa. The possesion of such technology by Israel today is taken as a fact, even without official data.

In the past days two notices on the press have called my attention:

1. Pakistan is constructing a new nuclear reactor that will make possible for them to build around 40 to 50 nuclear devices by year and, moreover, with a technology that reduces warheads weight (more).

2. Libya was close to get its own atomic bomb, according to its president words (more).

But the public eyes are over Israel. Pakistan's nuclear program has been supported by Saudi Arabia and from that program North Korea has get technology.

The implication of Saudi Arabia is curious, because that country is traditionally taken as a Western Ally. But Saudi Arabia also has intercontinental ballistic missiles that they have purchased to China, an also curious weapon for such a country. It is said that Saudi Arabia has helped Pakistan looking for possible uses of that technology against Israel.

And now Iran. And of course Syria.

As I said before, Israel is being asphyxiated by its neighbors.
    Last edited by jmcc; 08-02-2006 at 01:46 PM.

j7wild Guest
    I agree with what Jmcc said!!

Credits
    I dont diasagree but it still sux. Why can't we grow up?