Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    I'm looking forward to this even though I've never really been a huge TOS fan.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    I am watching it right now; I don't see any difference!!

Credits
    I saw a difference, but not very much of one.

I think they worked a little too hard to be true to what was originally shown 40 years ago. I think they probably should have tried to make some improvements beyond just using a digital model instead of the original model minatures. It looked like they recreated everything shot-for-shot, with a couple of improvements (light from the phaser blasts fired by the Enterprise actually reflect off the Enterprise, which I don't remember them doing before, the comet in the show looks really nice, and the little pylon shake in the Enterprise model is gone). But overall, I was unimpressed with the digital improvements. At least, in that one episode. Maybe things will improve as they get some practice.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest
    the only episode they played here tonight was Balance of Terror, Enterprise fighting a Romulan Bird of Prey near the Neutral Zone which is capable of cloak.

I still didn't see any difference except for the picture not being so grainy and old looking.

Credits
    Next week, they are airing "Devil in the Dark", one of my favorite episodes. I am a bit more familiar with that episode than "Balance of Terror" (the one that just aired), so maybe I will notice some more changes.

j7wild Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by corfy View Post
    Next week, they are airing "Devil in the Dark", one of my favorite episodes. I am a bit more familiar with that episode than "Balance of Terror" (the one that just aired), so maybe I will notice some more changes.
    oh the one with the rock creature; that's a classic!!

Last edited by j7wild; 09-24-2006 at 10:13 PM.

j7wild Guest
    I just watched that rock creature episode tonight and I still don't see any difference!!

But the station did had a lead in advertisement at the start of the show indicating that it was remastered!!

Credits
    Does anyone know if these are on in Canada? I checked Space and didnt' see it on there.

j7wild Guest
    they are not on Sci-Fi here in Texas where I am; they are on a local independent tv station.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ntry/1915.html

Credits
    The show is being syndicated, meaning that it is being picked up and ran on a channel by channel basis, not on a network basis (kinda like how normal TV reruns are handled).

I missed last week's episode. I forgot to set the VCR for the one channel that runs it Sunday morning locally, and the channel that was supposed to run it Sunday night didn't, even though it was on their schedule. They ran infomercials instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12