Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    j7wild Guest

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by offtheset View Post
    I agree, everything he has done has been shitty. He built some good suspense in Signs, and he had some ok character development in Unbreakable, but he just cant tie these into coherent films.

I did like The Sixth Sense though.
    finally someone is seeing the same thing I am seeing!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by offtheset View Post
    I agree, everything he has done has been shitty. He built some good suspense in Signs, and he had some ok character development in Unbreakable, but he just cant tie these into coherent films.

I did like The Sixth Sense though.
    Then you can't possibly think that "everything he has done [including The Sixth Sense] has been shitty", because if you do, and you liked The Sixth Sense; By that rationale, you liked sh*t.
    Last edited by editman; 09-18-2006 at 07:49 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    theres different directors out der for different audiences, its really not a big deal if u dont like a certain directors style....ders many out der who do appreciate it.. and his der to please dem. Majority of the people know him because of this weird style that he brings to the cinema.. if they like him because of this... can u really blame him for repeating it in other films? Its a tried and tested formula for him.

Credits
    I really don't like comments like this.
    To say "Unbreakable sucked" or "I hated this movie", tells me nothing.
    If I don't like a movie, I say why.

I've liked all of M. Night's movies (haven't seen Lady yet).
    Every one of them has been well paced, well directed, well acted.
    Most people liked Signs when it came out. After that, everyone expected twist endings. This is not the director's fault. Everyone expected creepy, suspenseful movies. This is not the director's fault.
    If you expect one thing from the trailer, and dislike the movie because it wasn't that one thing, this is not the director's fault.

If you really want to say "I hate all of M Night's movies", first, figure out why you didn't like them.
    Then we can discuss it.

Credits
    Just saw Lady in the water and liked it very much, Shyamalan really has done great job directing it and fantasticaly is playing with audience. He´s braking laws of genre by turning it upside down (to those who didnt get it at the begining of the movie - its a fairytale, not horor nor thriller) and by using all the cliche. U must really understand very well the movies to get the point of his storytelling. Really great movie
    (oh and btw I did love all his movies before, mostly signs)
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12