Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Unhappy Nooooooo!! Luc Besson is calling it quits !!

PARIS -
    Luc Besson, director of the "The Professional" and "The Fifth Element," says his latest movie will be his last. The French filmmaker said Monday that he intended to devote himself instead to civic projects, including starting a foundation to help youths in France's depressed inner cities.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Besson's 10th and last movie, "Arthur et les Minimoys," opens in France on Dec. 13.

"They are my 10 little babies," he told RTL radio. "I love them all. I am pleased to have completed this cycle. That is finished."

Besson, 47, said he was keen to try his hand at a whole array of new projects.

"I want to take a little care of my fellow citizens. I want to take a little care of my planet. I want to act in favor of the inner cities, in favor of the environment. I want to do lots of things," he said.

"I am trying to start a foundation. I want to help youths in the inner cities. I am very sensitive about all these youths. I find that they have incredible energy."

The director's other films include "The Big Blue," "Angel-A" and "The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc."

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060911/.../people_besson

Credits
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Credits
    Who gives a s***... with the exeption of "leon" all of Luc Besson's movies was CRAP!!.. imo im happy to se him go.. he is at best only slightly better director then Uwe Boll... and i mean slightly..

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fed7haS View Post
    Who gives a s***... with the exeption of "leon" all of Luc Besson's movies was CRAP!!.. imo im happy to se him go.. he is at best only slightly better director then Uwe Boll... and i mean slightly..

Fed7haS

You are kidding, right? You compare Luc Besson to Uwe Boll...

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    It's OK Michal. Fed7haS don't even know what is the magic of movies. Go Fed7haS! Put The Covenant on the top of your "best of all time" movie list...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    It's OK Michal. Fed7haS don't even know what is the magic of movies. Go Fed7haS! Put The Covenant on the top of your "best of all time" movie list...
    Acully i would rate "the rocky horror picture show" or "a clockwork orange" as some of my "best of all time" movies.. hard to pick a nr. 1 cos i like alot of difrent stuff... but thats for the "top 10 movies" thread.. if we have one of those

Fed7haS

Credits
    Man, and I was really hoping someday he would make a Leon: the Professional sequel. Dang, hate to see him leave.

Credits
    Very good director. As producer hes choosen some really badmovies, but as director hes excellent.

Cant say im sorry though. Not when hes going off to do "better" things.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Noooo, damn it, who am I gonna confuse with Jean Reno now???????

j7wild Guest
    How can you confuse Jean Reno with anyone?

He is in every movie that requires a French actor to play a French Character;

is he the only French actor working in Hollywood?

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Luc Besson has decided, that if his newest movie, animated "Arthur and the Minimoys" will appeal spectators, he will work in june of next year on its sequel.

So... go to the cinema!

Credits
    Except for Leon and The Fifth Element I can't remember anything special from Luc Besson as a director. And those movies are over 10 years old.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Except for Leon and The Fifth Element I can't remember anything special from Luc Besson as a director. And those movies are over 10 years old.
    I always thought that The Big Blue and The Messenger were good. Out of all his movies, my favorite would be The Fifth Element.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Don't forget about Nikita. I still think of this movie as the best Besson ever. oh! And there's also Atlantis. But this is only for big fans.