Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Iron Man cast!

Credits

Cool Iron Man cast!

From scifiwire:

Robert Downey Jr. has been cast as Tony Stark in Jon Favreau's Iron Man movie for Marvel Studios, Variety reported.

The movie, based on the classic Marvel Comics character, is set for release by Paramount in May 2008. It will be the first to be self-financed by Marvel.

Downey will play Stark, a wealthy industrialist who invents a high-tech suit of body armor that gives him superpowers when he is kidnapped.

In the comics, Stark was an alcoholic, a trait that will undoubtedly draw public comparisons with Downey's own struggles with substance abuse, the trade paper reported. But Marvel production president Kevin Feige told the trade paper that the first Iron Man movie won't deal with Stark's alcohol problems, though it would likely come up in potential sequels.

The first film will deal with Stark's invention of the Iron Man suit and his conflicted past as a weapons inventor. Principal photography on "Iron Man" is set to begin in February.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    first I was negatively surprised by this news, coz as far as I can tell, Downey is more comedian, than actor who´s tryin to give his character some deepnes (of course he can do that and very well, but I remember him more as from Ally McBeal then from Chaplin.../and I remember him from Kiss Kiss Bang Banf, gasp he was good there/)
    but then I told myself heck! he´s gonna kisck some a** there!
    I say yeah!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    hmmm....i dunno at this time whether that is a good choice or not...

but i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt eventhough i don't think he can do it. but, we'll see.

Keaton didn't look to be a good Batman either and he ended up doing very well in that role....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I am neutral in this decision. I think it's an ok pick, but Iron Man isn't my favorite superhero comic, so I'm going to wait for a full trailer (probably late next year) until I pass judgement.

j7wild Guest
    I don't much care for Downey and Ironman is also not one of my favorite Marvel comics so I will have nothing much to say.

Credits
    Robert Downey Jr. is an interesting choice and I'm curious of his performance.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    i fink thats a brilliant choice!! his an excellent actor and im sure he;ll fit into tony starks role very comfortably!

Credits
    Robert Downy Jr is a fantastic actor when he tries. His performance in 'Chaplin' was amazing! unfortunatly he went off the rails for a bit but if hes sorted that out he'll be amazing

Credits
    This is rather old new to me, I like Iron Man he is a staple of the comics world and a very good character. I have enjoyed reading him especially when he is part of a team dynamic. I always found his solo adventures lacking something but they were still good. I don't like how he has been acting in the recent "Marvel Civil War" because he is just a dick but it plays well aginst Captain America's resistance, anyway... Iron Man to me is a serious, deep and sometimes dark story and as far as the casting choice is concerned if Robert Downey Jr. can do it then thats good, but i'm of the mind to wait and see before making any snap judgments about this casting in this role.
    but with that said I don't think he looks like Tony Stark but who knows what will happen between now and when the movie is set to release.