Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Towers 2+3+4 of the new World Trade Center

The unveliling of the designs for the remaining new WTC towers is September 6th, don't know what time. I have some on what they'll look like from people in-the-know but all I'll say is that the twins are back (sort of). Maybe not the way they were but at least there are twins....fraternal twins. hehe anyway, I'll post the pics when they come out tomorrow, very exciting.

Credits

j7wild Guest
    nice but what's to keep terrorists from slamming another plane(s) in it?

and who's paying for the construction costs?

Credits
    Whats to keep "terrorists from slamming another plane" into the already exsisting buildings? No reason. If we don't build a new building to replace the old one then your basically giving in! Do i really need to explain that? Plus, private firms will be paying for it I believe.

I find them very lovely. Why 4 buildings tho?

Credits
    Looks good. I hope to make it to NYC and pay my respects at Ground Zero before they start construction.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    wow, I´m surprised, it really does look very well
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Nice, in the first picture, I really like the to building designs on the left.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    I find them very lovely. Why 4 buildings tho?
    wern't 4 or more buildings actually destroyed? I recall buildings other then the actual WTC towers coming down.

And yeah, they look fantastic. Very mod. Any details on any kind of memorial that would be in there?

Credits
    The memorial is the two pools of water you see in front of the buildings, they are 66% of the old footprints of the towers.

There were 7 buildings destroyed on 9/11, all bearing the World Trade Center name, and the Deutsche Bank building (still standing, giant black skyscraper being demolished now) was severely damaged. 7 WTC is the blue building in the background, that's finished already and is on the right on my pic below (which is Ground Zero as it is now)

All this stuff will be built almost at the same time (also keep in mind there's 2 underground levels under that whole area) so the place should start changing very rapidly soon.

They've got the Tribute in Light up tonight, but monday is when you really get a lot of people down there.

Credits

W T C Ground Zero from Google Earth

Beautiful buildings. I have seen artistic images on the press but in black and white, and it have not impressed me so much. But with colors it looks a lot better.

Here you have an image of the WTC Ground Zero as it is showed on Google Earth (version 4):

About Google Earth, I have created a thread here on ML for us to share images.

Credits
    Google is severely outdated, this image from what I can tell is around 3-4 years old as neither 7 WTC nor the PATH station appear on this image.