Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Install PS3 games on hard drive

Monday 23 October 2006
    Selected PS3 games will offer the option to install, PC-style, on to the console's hard drive to allow faster in-game loading times, it was revealed at last Friday's Gamer's Day conference.

Slash-'em-up Genji: Days of the Blade allows a 4GB install that will drastically reduce the wait between scenes, MTV has reported - although that's not the entire contents of the game, as playing without the disc in the drive provides no music.

It's rumoured that two other PS3 launch titles shown at Gamer's Day - Resistance: Fall of Man and Ridge Racer 7 - also have this feature, in which case punters with the 20GB PS3 may find that those three alone would fill up their hard drive.

The more cynical among us might wonder if that means we can expect lengthy loading times from PS3 titles that aren't borrowing a chunk of our hard drive space - it's certainly been the case with our experience of games running off disc at E3 and the Tokyo Game Show. But it's still a welcome choice, and with some form of hard drive guaranteed in every PS3, no-one will be left out of the option.

source: gamesradar.com

Credits
    If you take apart any modern console you'll notice it's simply a PC packed differently.

I have personally always preferred PC games for their superior graphics and better input devices. This may stem from my preference for 1st person games which are simply easier to control with a mouse and keyboard than with a gamepad.

To be quite honest Halo 2 is the only reason I'd consider buying a console.

j7wild Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

To be quite honest Halo 2 is the only reason I'd consider buying a console.
    then after you get Halo 2 and a XBox 360, you need one of these too!!

Credits
    If I had that I wouldn't be doing much playing, you know? hehe