Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

First LED Headlights Appear, Unleash Astonishing Styling Possibilities

While LED taillights have become commonplace, we haven't seen them in the front of vehicles until now. The first production cars to use LED headlights will be the Audi R8 and Lexus LS, with more on the way. LEDs last longer and use less power, but by far the most appealing aspect of these tiny lights: the styling possibilities, where they take up much less room and can be distributed on the front of the car in unusual ways.

It's not easy engineering these LEDs for headlight use, because they get hotter than a two-dollar pistol, plus that heat from the engine compartment doesn't help, either. We're glad they sorted that out, though, because check out how way-cool these rides look. Not long from now, vehicles with old-skool conventional headlights will be about as appealing as grandma's mustache.
    about time i say! Good stuff

Credits
    WTF is a 2 dollar pistol?

anyway... it would be a bitch to replace those lights if any go out. The circuits would fry themselves out with that constant use.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I guess two dollar pistol is cheap gun that gets hot after first shots and destroys itself that way. Well but I cant say, I am englishman from czech

I´ve read bout those light, yet seen them only on back of new Volswagen Passat and newer Volswagens.
    That Audi seems absolutely great, reminds me the one from I robot LITTLE bit, but seems goddamn perfect
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest

Angry

Lexus?

I have a 2006 Lexus, I don't have LED lights!!

Credits
    its gonna be 2007 one...
    buy new then

Credits
    Are LED's bright enough to compete with regular headlights? I'm not sure why this switch is necessary.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

j7wild Guest
    they couldn't be brighter than the Xeon headlights I currently have on my car!!

Credits
    they are sure brighter then typical headlights, maybe more than xenon ones. and need less energy