Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

New Street Fighter Movie Planned

New Street Fighter Movie Planned
    Capcom plotting film for 2008.
    by IGN Staff

US, October 30, 2006 - A new Street Fighter movie is coming! Forget about the silliness of the 1994 film version that starred Jean-Claude Van Damme, Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom are teaming up to produce a new flick based on the classic fighting videogame.

Variety scoops that screenwriter Justin Marks has been asked to pen the script for the movie which will reportedly center around the game's prolific female fighter, Chun Li. As you might expect, the other details of the story are being kept secret.

Marks recently finished writing the screenplay for another project that will likely get fanboys excited, a movie based on the popular 1980s toy line and cartoon series, Voltron: Defender of the Universe.

According to Variety, Street Fighter is set for a 2008 release; that happens to be the 20th anniversary of the videogame franchise.

Fans of the franchise may remember persistent rumors from recent years about a new Street Fighter film in development with Dolph Lundgren and Van Damme. There was some additional buzz that Australian actress Holly Valance (DOA) would star -- she might not make a bad Chun Li. However, this news appears unrelated to those rumors and should put them to rest once and for all.
    http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/742/742504p1.html

i really do hope that holly valance is in the film (only cuz i dont mind looking at her at all) but please dont tell me shes going to be playing chun li..... sum1 like cammy i can kinda understand.... but chun li? nooooooo!!

and why focus the movie on chun li wen u can just focus on Ryu! the most favourite character!

dead or alive being a eye candy film is okay... but please take this seriously for once!! this is street fighter!
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 11-01-2006 at 10:24 AM.

Credits

Thumbs up Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Credits
    a street fighter movie. brilliant. i mean really... the only way to go is up, isnt it.

and voltron

f**king BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo i love voltron, but like ALWAYS, theyre gonna screw it up. ill still watch transformers, but u can allready see theyve screwed that one sideways... voltrons going to get turned into another gay joke, just you watch...

Credits
    y not make a movie based on the animated street fighter 2 movie? THat was hardcore and badass!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Another movie based on a game, we all know where that is going to end....
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    A nice rated R Street Fighter movie might be interesting. Though I'm not sure how I would want the fighting to be shown. Realistic (martial arts and brawling, semi-realistic (Blade & Mortal Kombat), or cartoony (Matrix Revolutions).
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    semi realistic for sure. mortal kombat wasnt the greatest film ever, but definately one of the finest fight films america's ever produced, its fight sequences were brilliantly choreographed.

Credits
    I heard the first one was really bad, but I am sure the second will be a lot better.

Credits
    I think it is going to be based around Chun Li.

This sounds like a good move to me as she is the best character IMO. As for Holly Vallance I'm not sure - Neighbours is a far cry from Street Fighter. Not sure she even would look like Chun Li.