Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs down U.K. Developing Birth Control Pills for Men !!

British scientists are developing a male birth control pill that could put a smile on the faces of a lot of women, according to a report by NBC's Dawn Friesen on "Today" Tuesday. The hormone-free pill, which prevents the ejaculation of sperm, could be on the market in five years.

The pill, a single dose taken a few hours before having sex, affects contraction of the muscles that control ejaculation, but wouldn't interfere with performance or orgasm sensation, researchers at King's College London say. The result is a dry ejaculation.

"It’s not stopping sperm production," Dr. Christopher Smith told NBC News. "It’s not a hormonal method. It's just simply stopping the muscle which takes the sperm along."

The scientists found the solution after noticing that drugs used in the treatment of schizophrenia and high blood pressure were effective at preventing ejaculation, according to a report in the British newspaper "The Guardian Unlimited."

The pill would be more user-friendly than other male contraceptive methods such as vasectomy, injections or implants, researchers told NBC.

"Within half a day, the sperm is on the move again," says Smith.

If the pill passes clinical trial, it could be a significant benefit for people who are anxious about long-term effects from hormones.

Professor John Guillebaud, one of Britain's leading experts on contraception, described the pill as "a brilliant discovery."

He said its strength lay in its ability to prevent pregnancy without using hormones which could cause side-effects such as hot flashes and moodiness.

Hot flashes? What's that?

Dry Ejaculation?

Finally, women will not be the only ones who can fake it anymore!!

My opinion is not going to work and here are the reasons why:

1. A Man is required to take this a few hours before having sex!!

A man never knows when he is going to have sex; only a woman knows when a man is going to have sex.

Did you know that women already know if they are going to have sex with a man during their first meeting?

If she starts to call him "sweet" and "nice" or say things like "you are a good friend" and "we are just friends" during their first few dates... he is going to strike out!!

2. We as Men can't never remember to take out the trash, how do them women expect us to remember to take a little pill?

Credits
    So it stops the muscle from contracting and releasing the sperm, so that means they are comling from the notion that sperm is released upon ejaculation which is incorrect, otherwise coïtus interuptus (pulling out before ejaculating) would do the same thing. Some sperm is released even before ejaculation so using such a pill would be at least unreliable.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    i duno. summat just sounds really dodgy with that! i dont think i wud ever rely on that method as a birth control. we all know condoms are just as risky but id feel more safe using that!

also a lot of bastards out there will get women pregnant this way and just leave em! can already see a situation where a man lies to a woman saying "yeah dont worry.. lets jus do it now.. i already took the pill.. no need to go get a condom" and then months later the woman gets left pregnant

OR

da woman says "WHAAT?? u already took the pill? so u were expecting to have sex with me on the first date???!!..i cant believe u planned this.. dats it.. were not having sex nemore" (LOL)

Credits
    It does what now to my penis? I like all my parts down there the way they are.

:-)