Thanks Thanks:  0
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

Beverly Hills Cop IV - Axel is back

source: Variety.com

Eddie Murphy is hitting the beat for "Beverly Hills Cop IV," working with Paramount in collaring Lorenzo di Bonaventura as producer.

The new regime at Par is keen on reviving the classic action-comedy franchise, which features Murphy as detective Axel Foley.

Murphy will work closely with Par and di Bonaventura in reinvigorating and updating the once-lucrative property. Project is out to writers.

Thesp, who will next be in theaters with "Dreamgirls," has always been attached to star in the fourth installment.

The first two pics in the franchise, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and his former partner Don Simpson, did enormous box office.

"Beverly Hills Cop," released in 1984, grossed more than $234.7 million domestically and another $81 million overseas. The next installment, released in 1987, took in more than $153.6 million in the U.S. and another $146 million overseas.

The franchise ran into trouble with the release of "Beverly Hills Cop III" in 1994. Pic grossed only $44 million domestically.

Bruckheimer wasn't involved with the third entry and won't be a producer on "Beverly Hills Cop IV" considering everything else he has on his plate.

Di Bonaventura, who has a producing deal at Par, said it will be a challenge to do the fourth installment as well as the previous films.

"Axel Foley is one of the great action-comedy characters, a character that Eddie loves. I'm lucky enough to help bring it back," di Bonaventura said. "This genre is missing from the landscape."

Murphy is in post-production with "Norbit." He also reprises his voice role in the upcoming "Shrek the Third." He is repped by William Morris Agency.

j7wild Guest
    I liked the girl that played Lt. Bogomil's daughter in BH2, never did find out her name!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I liked the girl that played Lt. Bogomil's daughter in BH2, never did find out her name!!

Alice Adair
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.