Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Credits

Forum Upgrade

We're still working on a few things, but if you notice anything not working, let us know here.

Credits
    My friends dissapeared from my ML profile page.

Credits
    yea, so did mine, obviously. ... users profile look somehow weirdo anyhow ... maybe its just a question of time to get uised to it

what are the changes btw?
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    There is a new built-in friends system now.
    The one before was a plugin, so it's been scrapped.

There's also a built-in photo album, and blog system (which isn't active yet).

You can click Your notifications where Your Private Messages used to be to see a list of some new stuff.

Credits
    One thing I do notice, which is sort of outside the Forum itself, is that the Forum no longer sends me any email notification of any threads I started/posted to (last one I recevied was on June 6, or 7 in Australian time).

Under my User CP the Receive Email from Administrators option is still ticked. But no email notification received, not even in the junkmail folder.

Not that it bothers me much, but I have to admit it was convenient that I didn't have to log on to know someone has replied to the threads I subscribed to. Now I have to log on even if someone's padded the threads.

Credits
    That's one of the things that I'm hoping the upgrade fixed.
    Let me know if you still aren't getting them after today.

Credits
    About ML friends: on the Who's online area at the frontpage of the forums I still see my old friends with the +, so the old lists are still stored somewhere (I think). If the old friends plug-in was deleted... do it means that we have to rebuild our friends' lists?

Curiously, at least three users (corfy, jacques1400 and editman) have reported that problem with e-mail notifications, but apparently it has been working fine with me.

Also, you mentioned that where our Private messages link used to be there is now a new feature, but I still see the old thing and, after enter that section, I still have the old PM management area (inbox, sent items, etc.)...

Credits
    I like the new part on the posts that shows how many Thanks you have given out and how many posts you have been thanked for.

Credits
    I like the thanks thing too. Something I have seen in at least another forum is that together with the name of the person that gives the thanks is the date when it was given. Not sure if it is important but I liked it when I discovered that forum. Would it be fine for ML?

Credits
    Dates with thanks: That feature is available, but I didn't think it was necessary.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    About ML friends: on the Who's online area at the frontpage of the forums I still see my old friends with the +, so the old lists are still stored somewhere (I think). If the old friends plug-in was deleted... do it means that we have to rebuild our friends' lists?

Curiously, at least three users (corfy, jacques1400 and editman) have reported that problem with e-mail notifications, but apparently it has been working fine with me.

Also, you mentioned that where our Private messages link used to be there is now a new feature, but I still see the old thing and, after enter that section, I still have the old PM management area (inbox, sent items, etc.)...
    There are Contacts.. and there are Friends.
    You can add contacts, and then (in your profile) you can request that they become your friend.

The Private Messages link at the top of the screen is now called Your Notifications. Click it (or the arrow next to it) to bring up a list.

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I like the new part on the posts that shows how many Thanks you have given out and how many posts you have been thanked for.
    where?

I don't see it!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    where?

I don't see it!!

JP took down the part where it said how many thanks you had given out. Now it only has how many times you've been thanked by others. It did have both earlier

Credits
    I think I will be the first one to create albums.
    http://www.movie-list.com/forum/album.php?u=37712
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    the gallery works well (^.^)
    and what about the arcade, does it cost points?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast